Center Channel for F-3's

HiStep

I recently bought a pair of F-3's by accident. I went to CC to buy Polk M 70's, but they were out. So I went to hhgregg and they had Klipsch on sale for $100 less than BB. I've never been sorry for switching. I am using an Onkyo 605, and these speakers are absolute killers!

Now for the BIG question. Does Klipsch make a low profile center channel? I am still using a Cambridge Soundworks Center Channel Plus after several years because it fits perfectly into my entertainment center. Any center speaker I buy can only be 4inchs high by up to 39 inches wide. Does Klipsch even make one this size?

PS After some online research, I realize that the Synergy Line was introduced to sell in the Big Box stores as entry level, and some of the old time "hornheads" kind of poo poo it. All I can say is that for "entry level" these F-3's sound great to me. Were it not for this line, I would never have been exposed to Klipsch except in magazines.

Herb

In your case you'd be much, much better off running a 'phantom' center speaker (meaning no speaker at all). That little Cambridge is seriously bottlenecking the awesome performance of your F3s.

Your F3s are better than 75%+ of the speakers out there in people's homes. If they say Klipsch, they say it all!

Hi'

Thanks for your input. $200 is a great price . I might order one to have a set. I just can't fit it into my ent. center without serious modification. Then, it would be behind and slightly below (3 inches) the top edge of the Sharp Aquos 42" TV. I am afraid the TV would block the sound. The other option is to Place the C-3 on top of the ent. center (72" high) This would put the C-3 about 30" higher than the 2 F-3's. ??????? Any ideas?

Thanks

H

Placing a center speaker higher than your mains will be fine. Most people will prop the back of the speaker up slightly to that the speaker is aimed at your listening position. I think ones have said that a speaker above your ears is more desirable than a speaker below your ears as far as being able to localize where the sound is coming from.