2 a/v amps -> 1 set of speakers?

dgoreck

Long short is that I'm removing the Home Theatre (quintet III's) setup
from the one room, and my family uses this room to listen to music.
Problem is that it only leaves me with my Heresy's and my Scott 299B
tube amp, which I don't have a tuner for, and I really don't want them
touching since they barely know how to turn the TV or the AV reciever
on as is.

I know this is weird, but yes, I want to try and wire up two recievers to the same set of speakers. I want to keep the Scott 299B for me to use, and was going to use a Sony 2ch amp for the family, has a remote for them too... And NO I will not have them both on at the same time, will keep the Scott unplugged when Im not using.

So I'm wondering if a.) the amp that is off will put some sort of an impredance into the load, or cause a problem with wiring the speakers to two amps, or if b.) anyone knows of an A/B switch for for recievers...which is like c.) I have a A/B/C/D speaker switch which use to let me drive two - four sets of speakers from one amp, I wonder if I can wire it in reverse, and put the speakers on what was the input, and the amps on the output, and just select A for one amp, and B for the other.

*scratching my head* help on ideas? Second set of speakers in the room isn't an option.