Heresy III as mains?

Digic25

Hi all,

I'm looking for some feedback from those using Heresy III's as there main speakers. They will be powered by an Outlaw 7125 Amp and will be part of a 7.2 HT setup. I am hoping to replace my Monitor Audio RS-8's with the Heresy's but I'm afraid that they will not be enough (keep thinking about the Cornwall's). They will be part of my bedroom setup which is currently comprised of 4 x Cambridge S300, 2 x Tannoy TS12 subs, Marantz AV8003 and the two items mentioned above.

The room is long and narrow which is making me look at the Heresy's more then the Cornwall's. I like to listen to my movie's loud so I worry about the strain (if any) on the smaller Heresy.

My other system which is a bit more refined two channel system, consist's of a pair of Martin Logan Summit's (horrible for HT by the way) powered by Rogue Audio M150 Tube Monoblocks with a BAT VK52se preamp and a Consonance Turandot player. I like to have many different flavors of audio to choose from and this will be my first time with a horned product.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I use to own Heresys and if your room is not huge you will be able to get them to volume levels that even you will be suprised at. The H3s are 3db more(99db) than my old Heresys(96db) so they are even easier to get loud and you should be fine.

H3s have good bass but not the Cornwalls bass. For HT you have two subs so the Heresys would work great.

If you do go with H3s then I would get 3 so you will have the matching center channel.

Try the Heresys in your two chanel system. A friend had La Scala IIs witha Rouge Audio int tube amp that sounded outstanding.