KingRex T-20

rmlowz

Hello,

Here in the summers of Texas. I get cabin fever from staying inside to long it was 106 degrees yesterday. This leads to researching for new toys. I bought a Kingrex T-20 amp. This thing sounds great ! neutral and warm IMO. First I connected it to my new Heresey IIIs that I bought for 7.1 WOW. Then on to the Khorns This amp sounds better than the Rogue Tempest II that I had no kidding ! I was wondering if any forum memebers had the same experience that I had with this amp.

rmlowz

Hey there how ya doing?

How many H3s did you get? Did you also get the PSU, an optional power supply unit? Here is a review of the Kingrex T-20 amp. I did find this comment by the reviewer interesting:

"this" Klipsch Synergy F2 " is the affordable as well as space-saving version of the La Scala with a modern touch -- deeper bass and finer definition -- yet still retains that unmistakable Klipsch signature sound.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/kingrex/t20.html

Did you get rid of the rear LS IIs and get 4 H3s to do 7.1 or just 2 H3s for the side or rear?

Hmmmm........Indeed, tell us more since there are a few of us that have played around with amps similar to the King Rex (but on a lower scale) and were waiting for someone to try it. Yes, did you get the PSU? Have you tried it with and without the PSU - and what sonic differences have you heard? Are you running it straight from a source without a pre? What other amps/integrated could you compare it to in addition to the Rogue Tempest?

Carl.

Hello,

I did not buy the PSU. They did not recommend it at first. They said to try out the amp first and if you want get the PSU later. That way you would know if there is a difference. I have it connected direct to the CD player then to a Shunyata Guardian with a King Cobra Power Cord. It sounds great. I just got my AV-8003 Pre Pro today. I will play with that connected to the T20 next. I have had Arcam, Parasound, ADA, Marantz and Rogue amps to name a few. The KingRex really puts a smile on my face. Only 12 watts a side!. I have two Heresey IIIs for the surround back I still have the K horns and 3 laScalas. JBSL you will have to come over soon for a listen. I will be getting my ED P7-650 subs Friday. I want to buy some ICE amps next to try. I heard they sound great.

rmlowz

JBSL you will have to come over soon for a listen. I will be getting my ED P7-650 subs Friday. I want to buy some ICE amps next to try. I heard they sound great.

rmlowz

They are shutting down 2nd shift at the plant I work at so Friday Aug 22 I am officialy unemployed. I am taking my last week of vacation next week so my last day at work is this Friday.

So just about any weekend is good for me, send me a email.

The T20 looks interesting how much did you pay for it?

JBSL you will have to come over soon for a listen. I will be getting my ED P7-650 subs Friday. I want to buy some ICE amps next to try. I heard they sound great.

rmlowz

They are shutting down 2nd shift at the plant I work at so Friday Aug 22 I am officialy unemployed. I am taking my last week of vacation next week so my last day at work is this Friday.

So just about any weekend is good for me, send me a email.

The T20 looks interesting how much did you pay for it?

Yes, and where did you order it from?

Carl.