Help me with my Denon receiver?

superedge88

I have a Denon 2308 receiver, and I am no exception to the many people that have problems reading the Denon manual and understanding the details of the set up options. I am confused about understanding whether or not it is upconverting my video signal from S-video to HDMI, and to what level it is upconverting it to, the on screen menu seems to have the information, but it is not explained very well on the on screen menu or the manual. If there is anyone here on the Klipsch website that is familiar with this reciever or one like it I would love to get some pointers on this receiver now that I have quality Klipsch fronts and center.

Well, I guess if you have an S-video signal going into your receiver and an HDMI cable going to your TV and you can watch the S-video signal on your TV then it is upconverting the signal to HDMI. [;)]

Also, I wouldn't be too worried about what level the S-video is being upconverted to as far as it affecting the picture quality. The phrase "silk purse from a sow's ear" comes to mind. I don't say that to be rude, but I highly doubt that anyone would be able to see much of a difference in picture quality of an S-video signal being upconverted to 480p or 1080p.

One problem I am having is that I love the fact that when using any upconversion through the receiver it will show on the TV my volume level. But if I just use HDMI or component where there is no upconversion taking place it will not show the volume level on the TV. I just like being able to see on the TV what my volume level is, because I can't see my receiver display from my couch.