Members Weekly Recommendations Aug. 12 ............

oldbuckster

Pretty quiet week, nothing new this week , so, I figured I'd watch a DVD I hadn't seen in awhile .................

STANDING IN THE SHADOWS OF MOTOWN ....... The History of The Funk Brothers, behind every hit song there is a Band laying down the musical passage of the song, and here is one of the all-time Best Bands. More hits than you can shake a stick at, an awesome gathering of some of the finest musicians ever assembled. Here's a step back to the simplier days of Record Making, not alot of engineering tricks used here, just pure musical talent backing up some of the times greatest singers. Detroit was the Hub of Soul before the fatal move move to the Left Coast, and this is a nice review of those days gone bye. Great Songs, Great Playing, this disc will make you smile, and in these crazy days, a good smile won't hurt. Pick-up this DVD, can be bought real cheap these days, well worth having, just part of Rock and Roll History to me.........................

Was at CCity today, and I would have looked for it. Just listened to Steve Miller In Blue, and am in the mood for some Motown. Need to order online maybe.

Like you may already know, Steve is a mellow dude. Some laid back old, yet familiar hits. [mo][8][Y]

Make that: Born 2B Blue