I got the old Beatles albums out......

russ69

Rubber Soul, Yellow Sub, The White Album, Abbey Road, Magical Mystery Tour, Sgt. Pepper. Sorry, no vinyl, but good just the same (I traded my Beatles albums for Jimi Hendrix back in the day). Anyway, they sound pretty good. They had lots of great songs, makes me feel younger. Good times......

Thanx, Russ

P.S. I wanted to say the recordings are a little over produced (big left-right gain sweeps) but have good sound and pretty fair bass for the day.

I did the same thing about 6 months ago. It got me playing all the old 45's and 33's from the British Invasion times.

Killer trip down memory lane for this old fart.

I remember my first and only pair of Beatles boots. It was back in the day of flat top haircuts and high top tennis shoes. I was looked at pretty differently because I had hair over my ears and weird glasses.

Times are much different.

Harry

LOL, me too! I've been listening to the White Album a lot lately... I mean a real lot!

I am part of an organization of Houston musicians performing the White Album in concert at Rockefeller's in Houston in mid November to benefit the Texas Childrens Hospital. Over fourty very fine musicians are involved including horn and string sections. I have the honor of being the lead guitarist; I've always loved the music and look forward to putting on quite a show.

We are competing against a Madonna concert the same evening, but I feel we will attract a different crowd, hope some of you in the area may chose to attend.

http://www.lovestreetlightcircus.org/Events/White-Album

Paul,

That is absolutely awesome! Too far away to attend, but I wish you all the best for the turnout.

I don't think the times were simpler then. I think it was more a case of we just didn't know any better.

Bruce