Heresy II riser height/angle question...

Rootpusher

I'm going to make a pair of slanted risers so I can try my Heresy II closer to the floor (although I am currently enjoying their sound on 12" high metal stands). How high is the front and how high is the back of the factory-issued model angled risers? Do some of you believe those heights are not ideal and, if so, what heights do you recommend and why? Thanks

The fronts are 2-3/8" and they taper down to 5/8" in the back.

The outside dimensions are 12-1/4" deep by 14" wide.

They install flush to the back of the speaker, leaving a 1-1/8 gap to the front.

They place the speaker at a good angle for listening from any distance.

• 2 weeks later...

RSP is correct. Interestingly, you can also "play" with the vertical height dimensions by first making a scrap wood slant, and some straight risers from 3/4" plywood. Insert them and raise and lower the speakers until you have the desired sound. Then make the slant riser height from the floor to that level. I always liked the midrange driver at eyeball level when sitting in the listening chair....[:$] But that's not supposed to sound good. It'll always be your ears, the room acoustics, etc that will decide how high they should be.