Best floor materials?

I may be jumping the gun here but a house my wife and and I are considering buying a house that has a unfinished bonus room above the garage. It has walls, ceiling, subfloor, air conditioning vents, electic outlets, cable, and some insulation. With part of walls pitched to meet ceiling it still has a repectable 14 x 20 ft of usable space for a HT/music room. My question is would it do better for sound with carpet or hardwood floors. It will have a fairly tall ceiling with some angle at top of walls. It now has some steps going down into it so I could use a tiered floor with different levels of seating. Well anyway I just was wondering what would sound better.

Thanks

I'm with Keith (figuratively speaking, of course). For a HT, you want an acoustically dead room, the more padding the better. However, that's not so good for a music room. Thus, a "normal" room, with carpet/rugs/drapes and walls will probably give you the best compromise. If you can, of course, insulate the walls for soundproofing.

Doug

------------------

My System