"warm and fuzzy" update...

ChrisK

...fast forward to Saturday morning. I'm strolling through my first electronics swap meet. I'm looking for a tuner. While I have well over a hundred cd's, the selection seems to be wearing a bit thin. Add the fact that the local jazz, classical and NPR radio stations in Los Angeles are excellent and a tuner seems the next step. Web research seems to say that vintage 70's & 80's Japanese tuners are the way to go. Boy did I get lucky. I found a Sony 5000F (1968) in pretty good shape for $12.00. After hooking it up to my system using a $10.00 Radio Shack FM antenna, all I can say is wow! A whole new world again. This is really getting fun.

Attention tuner guys! What do you think of this piece? Is it worth "cherrying out"? I still have my heart set on a 70's vintage Sansui or Kenwood. And the Sony 5000F doesn't have AM. Any advice?

Thanks,

Chris

PS Kelly, I'm sure you're right about vinyl. Maybe that's next. Vintage turntables? Would one fit in with my system?

------------------

HT

Klipsch KG2.5 (front & rear)

Klipsch KV2 (center)

Klipsch SW12 (sub)

Marantz SR700 receiver

Toshiba DTS DVD

JVC SVHS VCR

Sony Hi8 VCR

2 channel

Klipsch Cornwalls (1978)

Cary CAD 300SEI amp

Arcam Alpha MCD cd player

Sure one would fit in. Just saw this post after answering other one... $12 is CHEAP! Lordy.

You would need a phono preamp and there is a used upgraded AES PH1 that looks to be a good deal at $350 (talk him down a bit). I'll mail you the link.

As for a TT, all sorts of stuff out there, new and used. Based on the qaulity of your two channel, you want something nice. I might mail you some options (I still own some others mails as well...especailly ole Mike L)

kh