Dinky tilt adjustment and sticky pads that don't stick on RC-64

Hifi jim

I've about had it with the dinky 1/4-20 threaded tilt adjustment and the tiny sticky pads that simply refuse to stay in place under a 60+ pound speaker. What were they thinking? This was the best center channel they made before the Palladium came out. And what did they make for a tilt adjustment? A single 1/4-20 threaded rod with a rubber foot. Great, but you need two. Were they under the impression that Klipsch customers would have a hard time making the speaker level with two? Maybe I'm tilting a bit more than others, but a bigger, say 3/8 rod wouldn't look as if it were about to bend in two. The weight of 5 drivers is atop a skinny little rod! And those &^%@ sticky pads! They couldn't come up with something more akin to $1000+ speaker than peel off pads that continue to move about from the massive cabinet atop them? How about threaded inserts here as well? I refuse to superglue the pads as this is permanent and I'm not sure the speaker will be that long lasting in my system. Everyday is an adventure. Did the speaker fall off its dime sized pads? About every three days I find the center channel crooked and strange looking. I then look underneath to find the sticky pads slipped out from their location, again. I can't wait to see if this has damaged the wood shelf of my TV cart, or worse the speaker itself. Getting old fast. [:@] [:@] Problems for others here? If so, any remedies or suggestions aside from gluing in place?

Thanks HVN, I thought my meds were causing another unjust outlash. Your setup has given me an idea. I may try placing a long foam or rubber strip about 2 inches wide and the length (or more correct, the width) of the speaker and let the back edge rest on that. Those small sticky pads work great on my RB-51's, but they are completely useless and inappropriate on a speaker of the RC-64's size.

I went low tech with my RC-7. I bought 3 black rubber door stops and placed them evenly under the speaker. You can move them forward or rearward under the speaker to adjust tilt. They dont slide, mar or move. Looking at them from the front, they look like they're made into the speaker.

I went low tech with my RC-7.  I bought 3 black rubber door stops and placed them evenly under the speaker.  You can move them forward or rearward under the speaker to adjust tilt.  They dont slide, mar or move.  Looking at them from the front, they look like they're made into the speaker.

That's a fine idea, thanks! I'm up a bit in front, about 3 inches but I'll look and see what I can find.

I used all 6 sticky pads on mine, but have lying completely flat since my tv sits on top (temp until wall mount it). It does seem like an afterthought fro something that costs so much. I was thinking about putting a towel underneath to keep it from scratching, but going to see how it holds for now. Rubber door stops sounds like a good idea