Question on hooking up Heritage to Denon 5803 A/VR

davis419b

I have a Denon 5803 A/VR 7.1-- 170 watt per channel. I currently have 4 Kornerhorns and an Academy center.

It is running on 5 channel stereo and sounds great, but I really dont get any distinction from the center channel, it may be too small.

I have been looking for a single Belle with no luck ! I managed to luck out and get a FANTASTIC set of Cornwalls here on the forum Friday night.

What I want to know is there an option to use one for a front center and one for a rear center ?

but I really dont get any distinction from the center channel, it may be too small.

I have been looking for a single Belle with no luck ! I managed to luck out and get a FANTASTIC set of Cornwalls here on the forum Friday night.

What I want to know is there an option to use one for a front center and one for a rear center ?

If one will fit use a Cornwall for the center it will work great. A La Scala or Belle would be better but the Cornwall would be a very good center also.

I have a Denon 4800 and it can do 6.1 with a single rear speaker so I would think the 5803 would have this also. Check your Denon manuall.

xman,

If one will fit use a Cornwall for the center it will work great. A La Scala or Belle would be better but the Cornwall would be a very good center also.

I have a Denon 4800 and it can do 6.1 with a single rear speaker so I would think the 5803 would have this also. Check your Denon manuall.

I have had LaScalla II and Cornwall II this year and didnt like them, so I sold them.

These Cornwalls sound very close to my Horns and I love em! In the brochure that came with them it shows horns right and left with cornwall center.

This is what I am wanting to do for front and rear with no sub. (not much need for 1)

Thanks,Don

Darkside,

Generally, a rear center channel is 6.1. 7.1 has back left/right behind you and left/right surrounds for the sides. If it were me, I'd wire the two in parallel and have both for the one channel. They're plenty efficient and you certainly would be able to hear them!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have plenty of plug ins for Surround B and Surround sides and others but only one center.
You might be right just parallel them together and leave on 5-channel stereo !
I use a Denon 5900 DVD/CD player and music might sound decent as well.
I dont hardly listen to music through it because it just doesnt sound as good as my
amp & preamp with CD does.
Thats my other problem, when I want to listen to music I have to unplug from the A/VR and plug the 4 Horns into my
4 channel amp. What a hassle! I wish they made a box I could flip a switch and go either way !

When I am listening in music mode I hook up the four K-horns to a 4 - channel Adcom GFA-2535L 60 watts per channel

and an Adcom GFP-500 preamp. It soung great but I could definatly change that sound with upgrades on the componets.

The H/T is the system I am trying to make better even though it sounds Fantastic !

Don

I run the left and right outputs from my Denon 4800 to input B on my int tube amp. Then I run the outputs from my Luxman preamp to input A on the int tube amp. Then I simply select input A for 2 channel music or input B for home theater. This is with my La Scalas and not two pairs of KHorns.

Does your 4 - channel Adcom GFA-2535L have two sets of inputs or just one? If two inputs on the Adcom amp then there is a way to do it that should work using two Niles Audio PS 1 A-B Switcher.

The input selector on my int tube amp is like the Niles Audio switcher but in your case you would need one Niles to switch the front KHorns from music listening to HT and a 2nd Niles to switch your rear KHorns from music to HT.

Let us know if you have two inputs on your Adcom amp and I can explain in more detail. Also someone else might have another idea.

Davis, stay dry, and enjoy the (Vertical if possible) Cornwall as the center.

It will sound fantastic between the K horns.

Yes, you can use on many pre amp settings, one channel for the rear, or one speaker for the rear, it will work great!

Enjoy!

I use a vertical cornwall between my K horns upstairs.. And I LOVE IT!

JBSL,

There are two set of imputs on the Adcom amp. Right now I am having to use splitters

from the main out on my preamp to feed all four imputs on the amp. I have moved the

speaker connections around to get what I think is the best 4 channel sound. This Denon 5308

is so complicated I barley know how to use the remote.

Thanks, Don

Here is the idea for being able to switch between 4 channel music and home theater without having to uphook the speaker wires constantly.

You will need two Niles Audio PS 1 A-B Switcher boxes(around $75-85 dollars each) and Y adapter cables, and 4 sets of input cables. With this set up you will be using the Adcom amp all the time for 4 channel music and home theater and will have to go into the Denon set up and turn off the amps you are not using on the 5803(you may not have to do this).

If your Adcom preamp has two main outs(or Pre outs) you will not need the Y adapter cables. If your Adcom preamp has only 1 main out you will need the Y adapter.

1:On your Denon look for the Pre Out and run left and right cables from the Front pre out to one Niles box. Then run left and right cables from the Surround pre out to the 2nd Niles box. Make sure you hook the cables up to either A or B on the Niles so the 4 channel music will be on selector A and home theater will be on selector B or vice versa.

2:If the Adcom preamp has 2 main outs then run a set of cables from each main out to the two Niles boxes.

3:If you only have one main out from the Adcom preamp then use the Y adapter from the main out and then run the 2 sets of cables from the Y adapter to the 2 Niles boxes.

Then all you should have to do is select A or B on the Niles boxes to switch between 4 channel music and home theater. Just remember you will have to use the Adcom amp for 4 channel and HT. Your center and single rear Cornwall will run off the Denon amps.

There may be a easier way to do this and if anyone know please speak up.

Can't help you with the remote you'll have to get out the manual and just experiment.

Hope this works for you. Any questions let me know.