Google Chrome Beta ( browser)

wheelman

Anyone else using this yet? I love it, it is so stream lined and fast compared to anything I've used. I have dial up so all the extra speed I can get is nice, and I notice it. I love how the home page is the most visited websites, and the tab browsing is done right IMO. Check it out if you like. IMO there is nothing touching it. They are working on a MAC version it does feel a bit safarish ( it has incognito mode) but looks better and just flies compared to that. This is a fun browser no squinting and it looks great and it's very user friendly. Features that are actually useful to me. If your more interested in extensions i'm sure your not gonna ditch Firefox for this ,but I'm not into that I've tried it and it was to boggy for my needs. Anyways it's not a battle of the browsers just a recommendation.

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/why.html?hl=en&brand=CHMG&utm_source=en-hpp&utm_medium=hpp&utm_campaign=en#

I like Firefox I just need more internet bandwidth to enjoy what it can offer. I think I would still use this browser though because of the speed for most web browsing especially going to forums and such.

• 1 month later...

Your welcome the only problem I see so far for my use is when I hit enter while replying to forum threads. It doesn't bring the cursor down where it is supposed to be ( so I can do paragraphs ext..). It appears that way when I am writing it out but when I post my message it will just be a long string of sentences. I kind of write that way anyways but still I am not sure why it does this. Also if I am on Netflix's website I can not drag and drop titles. Safari does the same thing. All in all I still love it and still use it. I can't wait till it's out of beta.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Mike about google. I'm not to big on firefox ( piclens is awesome though) then again if I were running a Mac or linux I'm sure I would make it work for me. Opera is cool too I like having the variety. Its great we can try these out to see what we like at really no cost to us. If anyone is interested in the whole "social" interacting on the web there is another browser called "Flock" ( powered by Mozilla). I haven't tried it because I don't' have a myspace account or really do any of that sort of thing the browser is geared towards. It looks good for folks that are into that sort of thing.