Music server newbie

joshnich

Love the latest software update. So far I havent noticed any bugs other than for me the interface works better on Safari than it does on Firefox. After updating the software I was having some issues with the Melody in my bedroom. The folks at Olive could not have been more helpful. Actually callling me back a number of times to check that everything was OK.

BTW I had a few Klipsch heads at the house last weekend and I believe that all were pretty impressed with the Olive both in terms of sound and ease of use.

Josh

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed an issue with analog out after the update. The new volume control speed enhancement caused the default in my case so the volume in one channel was much greater in the left channel then the right, which was a little worrysome until I changed the volume manually via the remote.

BTW I had a few Klipsch heads at the house last weekend and I believe that all were pretty impressed with the Olive both in terms of sound and ease of use.

Not only was I impressed with the sound, but also that it could be accessed with any computer in the house. I have seen a few of these servers that required an expensive media client in every room that you wanted music. If you already have a computer in the room, a good speaker set is all you need to add.

• 2 months later...

I just got the lastest software upload, it nice because now the unit interface allows you to search by album or artist name to access music, so any song is now at your finger tips nice. Not related to the new release, but was just hanging out outside buying some FLAC blues and dragging it to the server (drag n drop via windows). Too cool IMO, I can then access the music via the web interface and immediatly hear it outside. That is Top Notch.