Forte's and Bob Crites diaphragms

arug4

While others may know this and have commented on the amazing upgrade that Bob Crite's titanium diaphragms are for tweeters in Klipsch Heritage products, I have only experienced it in the past month. I have upgraded a pair of Quartets and now a pair of Forte's with the new diaphragms (they had their crossovers upgraded first). Chamber music Cd's with shrill violins - hot and unlistenable - are now sweet and beautiful. For those who have not made this upgrade, I would suggest it strongly. It is probably the least expensive and most effective change in any speaker or system that I have made.

Don't know much about anything, but always ready for some knowledge. I have 2 sets of Cornwall's, one downstairs and a set upstairs ( check profile )

Question being would the Bob Crite's titanuim diaphragms apply to the Cornwall's? Don't get me wrong I love the speakers, but the Cornwall's do have a heavy high side. Is the change something I can do?? or do you have to send them in??

Do the crossovers really help??

While others may know this and have commented on the amazing upgrade that Bob Crite's titanium diaphragms are for tweeters in Klipsch Heritage products, I have only experienced it in the past month. I have upgraded a pair of Quartets and now a pair of Forte's with the new diaphragms (they had their crossovers upgraded first). Chamber music Cd's with shrill violins - hot and unlistenable - are now sweet and beautiful. For those who have not made this upgrade, I would suggest it strongly. It is probably the least expensive and most effective change in any speaker or system that I have made.

Congrats on the up grade! They are an amazing speaker IMO.

I to love Bob's work! And others as well! I have taken the Fortes networks to what many would refer to as an Extreme!

But they have given me back an extreme sense of satisfaction and pleasure to listen to!

If you'd like to look at how far they can go! Take a look here as some 5000 others have also.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=159340

Cheers!

SET12