Opinions on my HT system, please...

CharlieTuna

Charlie,

You have a very nice system there. As for the rear speakers, I have a pair of surround rears (Chorus's) and a pair of surround backs (RS-3's). Whatever goes to these speakers is solely dependent on the guy who mixed the Video or CD. The back surrounds are for 6.1 music/movies only and only come on when a signal is sent to that channel. Right now, onlt DTS-ES and THX-EX are utilizing that 6th channel. You only need one speaker but I have 2 speakers playing the same signal. This is so I will be ready when they come out with a discrete 7.1 receiver/pre-pro.

For movies, you generally don't need big floor standers as your rear surrounds but for multi-channel music (I love 5.1 DVD-A and listen to that much more so than movies), these things bring the house down. There are many DVD-A's that send a full signal to the rears and I just don't think the RS-3's are the right speaker for the job (or any WDST speaker for that matter).

My Denon can handle 2 sets of rear surrounds (A/B) in addition to the back surrounds (I had to add a 2-channel amp to do this since my Denon only came with 5 channels of power). I plan on adding another pair of RS-3's that will sit atop my Chorus's and face one another. These will be used during movie playback (A) in addition to the RS-3 back surrounds, and the Chorus's (B) will be used for 5.1 music playback. This way, I will have the best of both worlds...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems