Entry level record player

leerocker

Hi all,

I have a bunch of records that i'm unable to listen to because I don't have a record player. I was wondering what is a decent unit that i could look at to get some sound out of all this vinyl? I dont want to spend big bucks, (cds are more of my thing) but i also dont want these records to just sit in my closet for another 10 years.

Used or new doesnt matter to me, just looking for something half-way decent. The only thing to mention is that my receiver does not have a phono input so imagine i'd need the phono preamp in the record player itself?

Thanks for any help!

I can second the Bellari....very nice unit

if thats out of your price range ...the absolute best bang for your buck phono pre is the Rek-0-kut moving magnet pre from esoteric sound

http://www.esotericsound.com/elect.htm

As far as a TT...be carful on some "vintage offerings" from ebay as they may have great potential, but you might have to spend a fortune to bring them up to spec...

Decide on your budget first...I own and always sugest a Technics sl 1200 with a shure M97 cart....new under $500 and is bomb proof/idiot proof...these can be had for used around $300, just check local craigslist and be sure that it wasn't abused for years by a DJ.....you may be able to find one by some guy who thought he could make it as a DJ and never got any gigs.....

on the Esoteric site the Rek-O-Kut entry level TT looks interesting and for under $300 with cart might be a good starter table...

on ebay there are some very nice Denon, Marantz, Pioneer,technics..."entry level " TT's that would do nicely....but see if you can find one close to home as shipping a TT can spell disaster if noy packed correctly......

good luck