Critical Judgement

Klipsch Headphones

Some people ask.... which one is better? The IMAGES or the Custom-3s?? Well I'll tell you. When I wear the IMAGES, I'm like, "Thats amazing." and then I wear the Custom-3s, I'm like, "Thats amazing." Same thing. But when I compare the IMAGES and the Custom-3s, the Custom-3s sound better. They're both amazing. But the Custom-3s sound better.

Some people, myself included, like the sound of the newer Image X5 over the original IMAGE since renamed the Image X10. I think Professor Thump said the Image X10 have better bass while the Image X5 have better highs. The Custom 3 have better bass and highs.

I've owned the Custom 2 since they were first available and I can't say the Image X5 are lacking in bass but they sound better and clearer in the highs than my Custom 2 and the Image X10 during my auditions.

I've not tried the Custom 3 as I like the Image models better - just get a much better seal with very little effort and easier to forget they are in your ears. I wish the X5 would've been available to begin with. When I've directly compared the Image X10 and Image X5 for a very short time I preferred the sound of the Image X5 and they didn't seem to be lacking in bass but did sound clearer.

Didn't get a lot of time with the X10 as my 14 year old daughter found that the extra small tips wored the best for her and that the body of the Image X5 is too big for her ear canals so she begged for the X10s. I also lost some time as I got in a hurry and didn't lock one of the gels on and had to have Professor Thump fish it out. She actually uses the extra small are too small for the Image X5 in that the body is just a tad bigger than the extra small gels and was too big in her ear canal. She actually uses the extra small gels with my Custom 2.

I think I had tried prototypes of what was to become the Custom 1 when I firest tried a prototype of the Image X10. Still very good but naturally not as mind boggling good as the Image X10.