Cornwall III and Heresy III binding post size.

laager

Does anyone know the dimensions of the binding posts on these? I'm shopping for some spades and some ads mention a 'U' opening measurement while others mention they suit a type 'X' or number 'X' post. I'd measure the posts myself but have no Vernier calipers. [*-)]

I've got the bare wire running through the post now. I don't have an objection to this in principle. However, I'm using 12AWG and it's fiddly trying to get it in. I have another 20 connections to do in the near future and I'd rather use spades. It's just easier.

Reason I mentioned bananas (good ones), is because if you have bazillion connections, it makes it very easy to connect, disconnect for maintenance, cleaning, etc. I was heavily into spades, forks etc., but having to have a screwdriver handy every time I wanted to do something drove me crazy.

Here's what I now use from Parts Express. I buy the pro cable (13 gauge) in spools and make up the connectors myself. Reliable, heavy duty, and makes my connection life alot easier. Just a thought since you are going to be making a bunch of speaker connections.

• 091-350; Gold Plated Crimp-On Banana Plug 16 Pcs
  • 100-480; Dayton S213-100M 13 AWG 2C Speaker Cable