Help me pick top-end speakers!

bigcityfalcon

Greetings fanatics.

I need your help choosing top-end speakers for my HT system! Price is not a restriction - this is what I worked all my life for. However, if you suggest something outrageous in price, perhaps you can suggest a next-best alternative too. Then you have open invite to check it out at my condo in Atlanta!

I already have a couple of Pioneer Elite screens and receiver, a Kaleidescape too! Now I need dem awe-inspiring speakers.

The room is 30'x30'x15' high. It will be used equally for music and movies. I want lots of wow factor - something that will blow the minds of my guests!

Subwoofer(s): ?????

Front Speakers: ?????

Center speaker: ?????

Rear speakers: ?????

Thanks for your help you crazy hi-fi nuts.

Chad's company (Epik) is a small company that sells a high quality product at a decent price point. There's a tremendous demand due to their price/performance ratio. He has Epic subwoofers for home use and Ascendantaudio subwoofer drivers for the DIY and automotive enthusiasts. His web sites have never been near as good as his products. Did you leave a message on their recorder?

36x22x30 small? I wouldn't have any qualms about quality. I've bought 6 of his drivers over the years and the warranty service was very good. My only issue was the fact that they don't have the manpower to staff the phones or respond to e-mail fast enough for me. One of the reasons they can keep their costs down is their low overhead. It's a double edged sword. That being said, I'd buy from him again. If you ever get a chance to talk to Chad you'll see how passionate he is about his products.

Thanks for the tip - I think I'll go for it! I meant the company is small, not the subbie. ;) It's big, but not HUGE like the Danley.

But not as good on music as the Danley according to someone who has tried both:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69264

It seems pretty close actually. Combine the price differential and the fact that the Epic will go lower (better for HT) and I think the OP has made a good choice.