Forte I Tweeter original diaphragms

Bacek

So if mine are black they are not phenolic but poly?

Yes that is likely. Although depending on the environment that the speakers are used in, sometimes the phenolic turns very dark, almost black in some cases. I think all the phenolic ones have a pad of damping material inside the dome of the diaphragm. That pad is not used with the other types of diaphragm material.

Bob

Bob, why was the phenolic discontinued? Are the other types better? (I purchased titanium from you a couple years ago...seem fine, but I have nothing to compare too)

Thanks.....

Mike

I don't know why they stopped using phenolic to make them. I think the phenolic did a good job. The poly, not as good. The titanium is best though in my opinion.

Bob

"How does look original diaphragmfrok K-7 tweeter? I don't know if my is original or replacement. It looks black.

Klipsch site states that it should be Phenolic. Where they realy black?"

Sort of.

They were a yellowish phenolic resin impregnated fabric.

They were then painted black.

When held up to the light they have a slight greenish cast to the black, you should be able to see the fabric weave as well.

Thank you all for the informations,

I have checked them more carefully. They have damping material on the back and are not as black as I thought previously. But they are more black than yellowish. So they seem to be original.

Any way I have already ordered titanium version from Bob.