Using sf-1's as surrounds with rf-83's?

darthdave

is this a waste of time? i am using the sf-1's for my mains right now and i will be way freakin upgrading to rf-83's sometime soon. i was thinking about buying another set of them to complete my 7.1 setup along with the rc-64 center. My primary use is not music but hometheater/movies so timbre matching and all that stuff shouldnt be much of an issue right? I bought this set of mint sf-1s for 130 bucks so that was pretty sweet.Are they a suitable replacement for thers-62's

You're going to have to crank up the rear levels on your receiver big time to match the RF-83s. The RS series, especially the RS-62 is going to be a significantly better choice if you have the $$ for it. I love my RS-42s as side surrounds, it fills the sides and back of the room incredibly well with sound for HT.

the sf-1's can work for your rear speakers but i would get a rs series speaker for the sides. you can use any of the newer sizes.....42, 52, 62. the only difference between them is size. i know the specks are different but you can turn them up or down and adjust them as you need. i am pairing rs-42's and rf-7's because of my wall space. the rs-42's are the only rs speaker that will fit on both of my colums.