Good sounding power amp for Klipsch

BBB

Boa, did you get something new, fill me in, i was considering the outlaw 750 today myself!

To go with the 1050!

I have a joke for Ear

Looking at what you own there, what substance are you selling?

That is a joke, prabably not a smart one!

Yea Yea Jims back lol!

Some BB members have $30,000 dallars in audio, WOW, but if i dont stop ill be there myself, 3 systems hooked up in conjunction and still going!

Outlaw 770 Hmmmm, not for a while, now the 750 would go really nice with my 1050, i could swing that this year, but i was wondering if ill need 165 watts X5 in a 15X15 foot room!

I turned up the 1050 today, the wife was holding her ears, so id better leave well enough alone!

Another thing is, the 5 channels are boosted to 165 watts and the sub isnt!

Hmmmmm

I have the 2 10inch fosgates, and the K-33-E in a home made box all on the sub output, on a separate amp, so i could match this !

BUT with another new baby about due, i prabably shouldnt push my luck, also that much volume, ill have deaf children!

My children look at me now,like what the hell are you doing?

Ear if i were you id be waxing those amp cabinets daily, thats some really high tek stuff!

Wish i could hear it!

The standard outlaw 1050 provides enough here, I really dont want to push the cornbreads to hard, there almost 20!

Also since i have all this sub, i set all the others to small!

Boa fill me in on the new equipment you got there!

Regards Jim

jim, welcome back! hopefully u have those systems in dif rooms Wink.gif

yea i've been doin all kinds of shoppin since u been gone. kinda like that kiss song- been doin a lot o' playin & i think i finally got it right & can now go home to "beth" (for now). cwm4.gif

jim, click on my link below.

my Acurus is tentatively up for sale - final ask $850 plus shipping around 30-$40. the outlaw is nice but this Acurus will hit harder. anyway i'll keep it otherwise & promise not to solicit it on the threads again. cwm4.gif

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?ampsmult&1016136739&class&3&4&

gotta run. cable went out again so i'm payin $3/hr for this slooow dial-up. Wavey.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 02-04-2002 at 02:23 AM

Boa

The outlaw has outputs

for all 6 channels, i wonder why the outlaw 750 has only 5 channels!

So i need to know will i loose the 6.1, and the sub here is already on its own amp, i wonder if i`ll b able to hear the 6th channel with the acurus, have 3 systems in the same room on toggle switches for +- on each speaker

So i can lisen to one out of the 3 at a certain time!

Acurus is american made isnt it?

I also wanted to start matching audio, if its not such a big deal, i bought 2 Harman Kardons new!

New outlaw, Harman Kardon, and have the old pioneer X 950, just to listen to all 4 cornwalls at once!

I caint listen to all 4

with anything else!

Should i invest i a 5 channel amp, with this 6.1?

Your not that far away, i may just pick your amp up, i need to get my RS-3s, and was ganna get the RC-3 for rear center!

But if i get a high power 5 channel amp, im not to sure if ill hear the rear center on the standard power from the outlaw!

Hmmmmmm again!

Regards Jim

Quick note about multiple vs. single shared power supplies on multi-channel amps. While some amp designs use a dedicated power supply for each channel, the engineers here feel this is not appropriate for a 5 or 7 channel amp (though it's great in stereo amps). The 2,3 or 4 rear channels in a HT system are never espected to deliver the same output as the front 3 channels. Thus, it would be useless overkill to build an amp with huge power supplies for the rear channels. The amps that we've seen that use multiple power supplies typically use pretty small supplies. Instead, the Aragon amps use a single, shared supply that is very large. It is capable of driving all channels simultaneously to high output at low distortion, but that is not normal operating condition. The shared supply approach allows the channels that need the energy to receive it regardless of whether it's a front or rear channel. Typically, the front three pull most of the PS output and the rears pull less.

The ultimate of course would be to use massive power supplies on each channel. Try 7 Aragon Palladium monoblocks for this. This cost-no-object approach is beyond the budget of all but the smallest % of the market.

You can argue this back and forth, but that's how Aragon does it and our all channels driven specs are among the best on the market. Thanks for letting me speak to this topic.

Crash,

First the ATI is an awesome value,very much like Outlaw.They build no nonsese amps w=based on BIG PSU's and solid output stages,well cooled by massive(for the price)heatsinks.And built to last.

Why the Celeste over Bryston?

SOUND QUALITY,THE MUSIC

Celeste amps are so smooth,even work wonders with Klipsch speakers.Just compare a Celeste MOON W3 or 5 or even 10 to a Bryston 4B,7B or 14B.You should decide for yourself.

As for the multiple PSU's in the Brystons,yes its all great but Celeste uses DAMN BIG toroids with massive caps to give as much juice as is needed to the gain stages.Krell also,they will put a massive 4KVA toroid in a 200W PC 5 channel amp.Bryston will put small totoids on each channel(the total combined value still lower than the value of a Krell or Celeste KVA of the PSU).

So the LARGE single toroid is still more then up to the task.

Jim,

What do I sell? Hmm let me think...AH AH

I sell computers and audio gear.Lots of it,and I am damn good at it too.And yes I do eat Top Ramen and take the Bus Metro Walk(BMW)to go to work! LOL

Now it could not be more clear than this,no.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Ear

You sell audio, and know what your doing, and that was a joke really!

Would there be a pont to invest in a 5 channel amp having 6.1?

If not

i would like to spend another 750.00 on reference klipsch RS-3s and RC-3 for rear center!

Im afraid of spending all that and defeating the purpose again with a 5 channel amp!

Ive hung myself plenty of times doing that. My freind got the klipsch i didnt need LOL!

So im Hmmmm!

Regards Jim

jim, if u want to use another amp besides the outlaw, u would need another amp for that 6th channel in 6.1. however, if u have the room, u could use one of those other receivers for that, i.e., run the channel 6

preout of the outlaw into a direct (preferred I would think) or analog input of another receiver then speaker cable from that receiver's respective speaker post to the 6th channel speaker.

then again, u may just want to use a good 5 channel external amp & let the outlaw power the 6th channel/speaker.

side note, both my acurus & b&k amps operate as bobg describes above. & oh yea mondial/acurus is in NY, USA.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 02-04-2002 at 01:19 PM

BobG ,thanks for explaining how Mondial uses one large power supply and distributes it in their multi-channel amps.I guess you defined the Smart Power Tech.Is Mondial shipping direct to cutomers? I'm having a problem locating a nearby dealer that is handlnig the new line.Also I would like to ask Boa if he meant that the B&K also shares the power from one unit for multiple channels when he said the B&K operates the same as the Aragon?

It MIGHT be more convenient for me to pick up a B&K locally..Thanks.

bbb, yea the 7270 has 1 huge toroid transformer. if they used seperate transformers for each of 7 channels it'd probably weigh in well over 150lbs. funny thing is the 7250,7260 & 7270 all have the same weight so would guess it's the same trans w/ different configs.

been meaning to ask bk tech about that. b&k also has great tech support toll-free.

update: just checked w/ them & they do say the 7270 has

a bigger trans, capacitors & such. so in reality it does weigh a few lbs more than the 7250 or 60. thought my back was still telling me that. cwm13.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 02-04-2002 at 05:10 PM

jim, that sounds wise to me Wink.gif

yea once I found i could get yet another speaker (c7) on the rear mantle above the fireplace, the syndrome reappeared. then i needed the b&k ref 30 then i just had to have the 7270 amp (instead of the acurus & that lil marantz monoblock that fried on me). but now i think i'm finally there. just need a new house. cwm5.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page