Klipsch RF-82 Connections to Onkyo SR606

ChillyGoose

Will I damage my Klipsch RF-82 speakers if I use the Onkyo A & B speaker leads to connect the 8 posts of my speakers. I currently have the bar connected on the RF-82 and only connected to the A posts on the Onkyo. If I won't damage my speakers will this set up produce more sound from the speakers? Or should I just leave them alone?

Yeah don't do that chillygoose, it's not so much that the speakers can't handle what you want to do, but the overlap in frequencies from the A and B sides (on the reciever) may not be delivered simultaneously causing a delayed respone in bandwidth from the A B channels.So you could potentially get an echo or reverb which I suppose could cause damage.

It also wont improve sonics 100watts plus 100watts does not equal 200 watts if that's waht you're thinking. If you're wanting to hook more speaker wire up just bi-wire them.

I do not know a lot about amplifiers but it would seem to me that you would not do damage. The a and b amp sections are separated in the onkyo and the signal paths are separate in the speakers (if you remove the jumpers). I would hook them up and see how they sound.

You could use a bi-wire set up. This is different than the quasi bi amplification you described. See http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/109419.html. This article says there is no difference when bi wiring.

I could hear a difference in my vandersteens. Richard Vandersteen is a big bi wire proponent. See http://www.vandersteen.com/pages/Answr7.htm. It does not cost much to see what sounds better for you. Let us know how it goes.

The signal paths i believe are not seperate bliss, the internal crossovers are are still active. The onkyo will still send entire bandwidth to the HF and LF not improving the sonics as the amp is not focusing its amplification on a smaller section of bandwidth instead it's actually doing more work. 4 seperate channels instead of just 2ch and all are focused on amplifying the entireaudible range.