Hum in my Sunfire true signature sub

jhw59

Obviously, it doesn't know the words~! [:|]

Seriously, this is not an uncommon problem. Many times it can be traced to poor ground or other connections within the amp, power cord or interconnects. The drivers vibrate the H#!! out of these devices & stuff can & does come loose. I'd go through all connectors including internal & check solder points where easily possible. That's the easiest FIRST thing to do. If nothing there, it may require service.

Check your inputs into it (subs) or wires behind it too, moving them around..making sure everything is plugged in too..

You may want to unplug things one at a time.. to your pre amp and also check connections too one at a time.. Unplug power from a DVD CD or VHS int your pre amp as well. Some CD players are the culprit here...

All this takes time, is a pain I know, but it might solve your problem..

Last, check if you have anything you did not have plugged into a outlet or light changes too near your system.

A friend freaked out when heating blanket was plugged into a outlet hearing the same problem hum you have been discribing too..