fisher 1800 receiver restoration

tblake10

Anyone know of a person that will restore a fisher 1800 near arkansas? I'd much rather drive it to someone than ship it.

It is slim around here. Where are you located? The only guy I have used still has my equipment after two years.

There are some guys in Mississippi that do good work. http://www.vintageamplifierrestoration.com/. If you decide to ship NOSValves.com does good work and he has many customers here. A quick search will give you alot of info. I can tell you not to bother with hotglassaudio do not send anything there that you want back. Do your research.

seti - what problem did you have with hotglassaudio? I live in western PA near their shop and I have a Scott 222-c that needs a going over - but maybe I should aviod them?

If you are close enough to drop off and pickup you might be ok. Do some searches on this forum, audio karma and audio asylum. Some have had very good luck. But it is either really good or really bad service.

He had some of my gear for about a year. It was hard to get my gear back. I sent my tubes and amp superbly wrapped. The tubes were sent back like a 5yo packed them. I had 3 very nice rca rectifiers completely shattered among a couple others. The amp was damaged in shipping. It had a hum. The other amp I could only get transformers returned to me. I have emails to back up the story but I don't even want to go through it again. I was always getting a different completion date with story and when I got the gear back some promised features were not finished. In one word PATHETIC. Deal with NOSValves if you need something restored. I wish I had. The only reason I didn't was because he was backed up and said it would have been a while. It would have been faster and better work if I had just sent my gear to craig.