Check out what I managed to score on clearance this weekend!

skonopa

With the local Tweeter store going out of business, I've managed to score a couple of things for pretty good prices. I've mentioned my Elan Via!DJ music server that I picked up for $1,200 two weeks ago (normally the thing goes for $3,600).

In addition to that, I've also scored a Panamax power-conditioner last week, which normally goes for around $500, but got it for $300.

Panamax-M5300-PMMedium.jpg

Can't really tell if this made any real improvement in the sound of my setup, but it did seem to get rid of a hum that I was previously getting in one my channels. It did replace an ancient Realistic power conditioner I had there before that I bought at a local Rat Shack over 10 years ago. Definitly a step up from that thing, plus this give me LAN protection, three pairs RF connections (both sat tuners as well as OTA off the roof antenna) as well as more sockets (as I was running out, although I have the DirecTV DVR on a seperate UPS). The old unit did not have LAN protection, and only two pairs RF connection. Seems to be a pretty nice unit that I got brand-new for a very reasonable price, plus it serves its purpose.

Lastly, I also picked up this:

RW-12DSubwooferMedium.jpg

Yup, that is a brand-new Klipsch RW-12D subwoofer. I only paid $500 for this. These things normally go for around $800.

This is the only place I could find room for it in my HT setup - crammed in behind my right-side main speaker (I am not getting rid of my REL Storm III that I already have in my setup stuck back in the corner behind the left side main):

RW-12DSubwoofer-in-position.jpg

Still tinkering around with it a little bit, but I like how clean this thing actually sounds. Seems to fit right in with my setup audiowise, as well as looks (matches my black RF-7s very nicely). Giving it a try with my copy of the Xystus : Equilibrio album, and seems to do a repectiable job (may also have to watch the Within Temptation : Black Symphony concert DVD):

41DBZBsH5hL._SS400_.jpg51WGkakQwIL._SS500_.jpg

Ski,

Congrats on the Toys...............

On the Subwoofer, is there anyway it would fit Under the table? Couldn't tell the size................

Good Luck.............

Believe it or not, that sub is actually bigger than that lamp table. You could not really tell in the picture but if you saw it in person, you would see what I mean. Now, granted, I probably could actually use the sub as the table instead, but that sucker actually puts out a pretty serious thump, thus probably don't want my antique boat lamp bouncing around on it. [:o]

As far as clearances, they also had an RT-10d in that Tweeter they had marked down to just below $1,300 (the thing normally goes for around $1,800). I was so tempted, but after spending $1,200 on that music server and another $300 on the Panamax, I just could not stomach dropping yet another $1,200+ (also did not help that I just stroked a check for $1,500 earlier this week to pay for a Colorado ski trip for later this winter). If I had not bought that music server, I may have just taken that RT-10d instead, but this thing is friggan nice as is, especially for use as a second sub to augment my existing REL Storm III sub that I've had for several years now (and friggan thing went for nearly $2,200 when I bought it new).

I had to chime in on this one. Tweeter, AKA Showcase Electronics in Arizona, was having the same (unfortunate) going-out-of-business sale. I also picked up the some of the same gear you note above (by NO means am I trying to trump your deal.....). Here's what I grabbed (woohoo!!!):

2 - RS-52 surround rears - $205 each.

2 - R-5800-W center surrounds - $199 each.

2 - RW-12D subwoofers - $407 each.

1 - Panamax 5300 (I think that's the model # - definitely not the 5100) - $225

A few miscellaneous cables........

Christmas came early........... :) :) :)

This will go a long way towards our basement HT project. I'll post pics hopefully later this week as I get these installations wrapped up.

I had to chime in on this one. Tweeter, AKA Showcase Electronics in Arizona, was having the same (unfortunate) going-out-of-business sale. I also picked up the some of the same gear you note above (by NO means am I trying to trump your deal.....). Here's what I grabbed (woohoo!!!):

2 - RS-52 surround rears - $205 each.
2 - R-5800-W center surrounds - $199 each.
2 - RW-12D subwoofers - $407 each.
1 - Panamax 5300 (I think that's the model # - definitely not the 5100) - $225
A few miscellaneous cables........

Christmas came early........... :) :) :)

This will go a long way towards our basement HT project. I'll post pics hopefully later this week as I get these installations wrapped up.

Pretty friggan sweet there! I would imagine that as time goes on, they will be dropping prices more and more as they try to get rid of stuff. I was told they were having some trouble moving all that audio stuff (but big-screen TVs were literally walking out of there, though!), thus one reason why they got some pretty nice deals on it. To be honost, I cannot think of anything else that I need/want from there, thus unlikely that I would really score anything else. Still have to admit grabbing that RT-10d subwoofer they had there was mighty tempting. Now, if I go in there, say, next week (assuming they are still opened), and they still have that in there, but for like $400, I may grab it! (and sell the RW-12d on here) [;)] Just for S&Gs, maybe next weekend, I'll pop in there just to see what they still got (again, assuming it is still opened).