Emotiva XPA-5

BerserkNitro

Well iam thinking of droppin the cash on this amp this week..What do you guys think? I know that some of you have them but just wanted to know if thats going over board? I know headroom is always a plus....But just dont want to over do it...(i guess there no such thing from what i heard...lol).....I love my BPA-1's (power for center channel) and they sound sweet...All my speakers are finally Reference series....So i guess iam just looking for pros and cons here...apperiate the help guys....

i'd say go for it if you have the cash. so the BPA-1's power your center channel? do you have anything powering the mains? you and i have simular set ups. i have an emotiva lpa-1 and i am just bi-amping the front 3 with it. i decided not to get a seperate amp for the rear speakers because there is such little info that goes back there, that i felt the 805 can handle them. since i am only using 4 of the 7 channels, i get more watts to those 4, so even better.

if you have the money and want to give your 805 a rest i don't see the harm. me personally i would rather get an amp for the front 3 and leave the rears alone. maybe the upa-7 and by-amp the front 3.

hold on a sec...i am rereading your post.....

do you intend to let the rf-7's be amped by the bpa-1's and then the center and rear channels by the xpa-5? i have always thought you wanted the front sound stage to be amped by the same hardware for sonic reasons. i am not saying that is a true statement, but i thought someone, sometime ago told me that.

Yea...thats why i was super interested in them now...LOL...Not that i wasnt...Just a real good price. Thats my debate XPA-5 or the XPA-3....Iam probably going to go for the XPA-3 and sell off my BPA-1's and let the reciever to duty on the surrounds...Or maybe the XPA-2 and keep the BPA-1's for the center...Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm..[:^)]

i was rethinking your sitution....

let your rear channels be powered by the bpa-1's, then get the xpa-5 for the front 3 and side surrounds, that way there won't be any sonic differences (if any) in your front soundstage.....just a thought.....

or you could pony up some more money, get the upa-7 bi-amp the front 3, let the bpa-1's power the rears, and then also get a xpa-2 for the side surrounds.....i'll stand outside while you turn it on and see if i can hear it.....

I went with the XPA-5, and will be getting the UPA-2 when it comes out to power the rear surrounds. Currently, my receiver is powering the rear surrounds, but I'm getting a UMC-1, so I'll need something for the rears..

At the least, I'd power your front stage the same, so at least a 3-channel, but the jump from XPA-3 to XPA-5 is only $100 , and in normal listening, you'll get more power for the more heavily driven front channels.

Well i went forth and purchased a XPA-5 and should receive unit this friday...Woooo Hooooo..[:D] I sold my BPA-1's...So it free up more funds...I will keep you informed on my listening experience...The one reason why i went with the xpa-5 is that all channels will be driven the same except for rear speakers...which at this time arent even hooked up...There in my bedroom(RS-35)...Iam actually quite happy with 5.1 anyways. Thanks for all who chimed in on my debate and is much apperiated...

• 3 weeks later...

Well i went forth and purchased a XPA-5 and should receive unit this friday...Woooo Hooooo..Big Smile I sold my BPA-1's...So it free up more funds...I will keep you informed on my listening experience...The one reason why i went with the xpa-5 is that all channels will be driven the same except for rear speakers...which at this time arent even hooked up...There in my bedroom(RS-35)...Iam actually quite happy with 5.1 anyways. Thanks for all who chimed in on my debate and is much apperiated...

My fiance said she would buy me an xpa-5 for xmas [:)] to go with my Klipsch setup(RF-7s). There are just some women in the world that actually understand men(though I know she's only buttering me up cuz she wants to buy a new mercedes after we get married). Anyhow. Would there be any benefit to using the XPA-5 to run my fronts and center and using my marantz amp(sr-8400) to power my rears vs just using the xpa to power all 5(marantz is still going to be used for pre-amp).

Anyhow. Would there be any benefit to using the XPA-5 to run my fronts and center and using my marantz amp(sr-8400) to power my rears vs just using the xpa to power all 5(marantz is still going to be used for pre-amp).

No benefit.. it would be a step in the wrong way, actually. Use the amp for what it's made for.. all 5.

You will NOT be lacking for power. [:)]