B2 bookshelf with C1 or C2

telluride36

I am putting together a home theater for the 1st time. I have no idea what I am doing. I 1st got a cheap quintet 2 system missing one of the speakers.

Got one to go along with the speakers while i waited for shipping, Turns out it was really a Quintet III set, can't complain about the price, so I kept it. Now I had 3 Quintets III, and one Quintet II, decided I was gonna sell, one Quintet II, one Quintet III and the Quintet III center. Bought a C1 center, and B2 bookshelfs. Gonna keep the quintet III as the surrounds and B2 as fronts.

My question is, should I have gotten the C1 or C2 for the center? I live in a small apt. and am not gonna crank it up, and saw that many people said to match the B2 with the C1. Now I see that the C2 has the same size woofers as the B2, and that is what I thought you wanted. Let me know which is the best, or if I will not even know.

A larger, more capable center speaker gives you a huge advantage over a smaller one. The fuller sound and broader frequency range it is capable of reproducing allows you to listen to it at lower volumes and still hear every detail in clarity. It also gives you the ability to crank it up, even if just for a few seconds, to impress your guests.

In the Synergy line it is highly recommended to match the number in the model number to the other speakers you are using. B1 with C1 with S1, B2 with C2 with S2, etc.