Installing Equailizer to Stereo Receiver?

maciejp

However, depending on the vintage of stereo receiver....many of them have pre-amp outputs with pre-amp input loop throughs. You could slip an equalizer into the loop through or use a different amp or whatever.

So really, it comes down to what stereo receiver do you own? And do you have a picture of the rear panel or a manual or something?

I have a DiVinci DV-2098. My friend has my camera but there are some pix on Ebay. I paid $185.00 I heard of the White Van Horror Stories and Such but it seems to rock. It helps it has a blower cooling fan in it. I melted my Crossover in my Polk Audio R30's and Blew the woofer in the R15. I mean now I wished I bought a Pre Amp, Tuner and Amp. My set up is The DiVinci Receiver, a BSR EQ3000, BSR DAK1, BSR SE-ONE, ADC DD-4AX, a DBX dw-SW15 Plus Subwoofer. All Old School! I dumped the Polks for 2- 15" Gemini Brand and 2-12" Podium Brand DJ Speakers, All Ebay Stuff. All Cheap stuff but I am Just A Poor Boy in Pontiac Michigan! It Sounds Great and I have No Complaints. I plan on giving the DiVinci to my son and plan on the Tuner / Pre/ Amp Angle.

I seen some Technical Pro Brand Stuff on Ebay. Do you have any experience with these?

Use a "tape loop". Withe the reciever set to "tuner", on the tape deck switch, send the tuner "out" to the eq unit, and select the tape "monitor" switch. The receiver should be sending the tuner signal out as if you were making a recording. At that point, you are monitoring the eq unit, which of course, is processing the tuner input from the receiver.