• Recent Posts

• I’ve used the ASC products for over 20 years and they have excellent build quality and their performance specifications can be trusted.   I have found the ability to easily adjust the absorption or diffusive option of the tube traps for liveness and envelopment in my listening room very valuable to me as well.   I also love the ability to easily change the deployment and location of the Tube Traps as I experiment with the acoustics and setup of my listening room and my equipment.   They of course are used in the corners for the most efficient bass damping but they are also valuable to use at first reflection control and SBIR control.   You can see some pictures of one of my more recent setups using Tube Traps in this thread if interested.    
    • So I have the R-120SW hooked up to a pioneer VSX-lx505, I have tried several cables, as soon as I hook up a cable to the subwoofer I get a hum,,, this is in the over 80 hz range, it is directly affected by the gain setting and the frequency setting. Turning the frequency down below 80 hz almost fully negates the hum. Cable length and what it is hooked to has no effect. I am using good quality shielded cables and have tried isolating the cable path away from any power and any other electronic device. Both the subwoofer and the amp is connected to the same power source.   please note… this is not a ground fault it’s above 60hz and happens regardless of what is plugged into the other end of the cable. I have even tried plugging in a 50ohm dummy plug in the cable.   having this issue makes using LFE useless.    Any ideas?
    • I don’t think that’s an old enough model to be affiliated with the Klipsch museum.  🙂   You might have better responses posting a wanted to buy in the Garage Sale section farther down the forum.
    • It’s a proprietary connection.  I don’t think $60 is unreasonable for a working subwoofer, but it might be a better idea to buy from Klipsch and have a warranty.
    • One of those akai/Robert's models had tube amplifiers in them that people would take out and use for their regular amps.
    • It’s also an AKAI. Jeff said it was sold under the Roberts brand name but the plate on the back says AKAI. It’s got a small amp and speakers with some gills on the side over the built in speakers.   This afternoon we listened to A Question of Balance by The Moody Blues.   it was fine.
    • I would like to think my asking price of $3,500cnd, or $2,550usd is a good price for these?   Or am I not priced properly?    
    • I have the same issue, I have tried multiple different cables, isolation transformers, different locations, and plugging everything into the same power bar. If I turn the gain on the subwoofers above 25 or 30 % I get a hum, Pioneer VSX-LX505 and Klipsch R120SW
    • Well... those posts are 20 years old, but may help someone.