• Recent Posts

• I have a pair.  I will recommend you do not use the Ti diaphragms unless yours have failed and OEM is unavailable.  Use quality film and foil caps (expect $$$).  I used Solen metalized caps and find there is a subtle harshness or edginess to higher tones.  It took a while to notice, but now I don't like the effect.  You might find the metalized caps can be used in place of the woofer EQ cap to save money with little impact to sound quality.  That room has my H IVs so the KG2s aren't used much and I have little motivation to change them.  
    • @Marvel  direct drive function ON kinda maybe?!  
    • That scares me for sure.  These guys wouldn't know how to handle two of us.  I'm NOT sure I could handle two of us.😂   It's truly a delima anymore.  Ya know just what ya want to hear then something else pops up so ya go dig that one out.  THEN ya have to hear either one you saw or one in now ANOTHER pile.  I see piles in your future brother!  Sad though when you forget which pile you "think" it's in.  That's another story altogether.  Hey @dirtmudd figure out a Zappa song to help hin understand that big picture.  😂
    • That tape isn't threaded correctly.
    • Look at the edge plys on the back for the serial number stamped into the cabinets.    Listen to them for a while, before changing anything.  I had one late '60s H700 (a '67 and a '68, I think) that needed new capicitors because it sounded a little dull and recessed and another one that did not.  If you have no rubbing, buzzing, or ringing from any driver, they are good and need only to play music until they can't. 
    • Maybe totally unrelated but.........I discerned a buzz in my 402 mid/high left side UG Jube speaker. This was at idle "no signal". It is masked when almost any level of music is played. I will not say that I never noticed it before but I am fine tuning and trying to squeeze the best performance possible and it was easy to ignore in the past. I tracked it down to the in-wall wiring going to the left speaker. The electrician that ran the wires must have run some power wiring along side the speaker wire for too long a distance. When I swapped out the in-wall speaker wire with externally run wire the problem is gone.
    • I've detected that one of my Khorns (early 80's) has a nasty buzz between 230 and 400hz.  Not only is there a buzz, but also a noticeable volume difference.  In other frequencies, they are pretty much the same, with no buzz.   I swapped the K55v drivers and the problem followed the driver.   I replaced the rubber gasket between driver and horn.  Problem remained.  I see that Crites has diaphragms available.  Is that my likely path to solving this?  I've replaced diaphragms before, so I'm not scared of the project, unless there is something uniquely challenging?   I've read some forum posts that suggest sound quality improves with new diaphragms, being that the old are brittle by now.  Anyone confirm this?   Thanks for any direction or input.
    • Of the options listed, I’ve heard many good things about matching Klipsch with NAD and Cambridge Audio.