Any suggestions on a sub for this system?

trashyrich1157

Hi guys.

I put a small system together at my girlfriends place. It has KG .5's for the front and rears, and a KV 1 for the center. I was hoping you guys could let me know the best sub for this system. (Klipsch or not)

I have a SW 8 and I am not sure if she would be ok with something that large( I know, its not that big)

Thanks for your help.

This site has helped a bunch.

and I am not sure if she would be ok with something that large( I know, its not that big)

I guess WAF is pretty important here? Sunfire makes some pretty small subs that pack a large punch....... What's your budget? Also, I believe it's Velodyne? just came out with a 9 by 9 inch sub that's supposedly goes really deep! Normally with subs, the bigger the box, the bigger the punch........

SW8 is large...HA HA HA please. [:|]

The JL Audio f113 is very small,the SVS Ultra13 is mid sized and the Epik Conquest is ...very acceptable in size. A large sub has an internal net volume of ~10 cu ft or more.

The SW8 is the size of a shoe box. You want small and good...Sunfire Signature and the Velodyne DD12,these are not cheap. You want a better value...SVS SB12 cube alot cheaper and close in performance.

Best compromise in my view...HSU new sealed sub using a mighty 15",this unit would be my first choice as far as price performance and SQ quality with good output...and extension.

I am sure it is not funny if you are in that position.

However, I am not.

I have my small apartment, with my system in it ( just added a Rotel CD player tonight) and I come over here when I want /need to get away.

I am 42, never married, no kids, had a vasectomy 2 years ago. I ROCK ! And so does my and my GF's speakers.

It is all about priorities boys, priorities.

And seriously, I cant complain.