Rsw-15 in da House!

avman

had 2 people at my superbowl party who have/heard great systems ask if there were amps other than the ones in the receiver i was using! i wasn't even playing it loud-really! great/high efficiency speakers,flexible bass management to maximize speaker/amp/subwoofer performance, good room acoustics (measured only by ear), an overbuilt receiver, and this BAD *** subwoofer. after the game i went to 'concert-level' w/ 'yes at the house of blues' extras section and played the 5.1 special mix of 'homeworld' WOW! the group listening actually applauded at the end of the clip! GREAT SUB, excellent match for the rest of my speakers, still tweaking, but not much. avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15 in the house!!

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

bad *** beast!

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15 in the house!!

sony playstation 2

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

Congrats Avman

KLF-30's deserve a powerful sub like the RSW15.The RSW line needs a good break in period.After a month or two of use the RSW15 should reach optimum performance.

I was not too impressed by the RSW10 at first but after I took the unit home after a month it works much better now.

I have hope for the RSW15 now,I will try one as soon as my Klipsch dealer gets one.

So many subs so little time,before I want my SVS SS.Smile.gif

The clear Velodyne SPL800 and clear HGS10 look neat,with see thru cabinet its a show stopper.Want these too.To match the new clear case PC I will build.

Now if I could use Mac clear keyboards and mice. Wink.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Congrats Avman, *cheers*

I am curious though.....

1/ Is the RSW-15 "enough" to compliment the Heritage Line....first off...Khorns....I have all Heritage, I have listened to the 12", it did keep up to the RF7's....IMO. Word is the RSW15 can keep up with the Heritage, but I want 1 musically, and NOT 2 for HT.

2/ How is the sub musically as opposed to movies(70% audio\30% video myself). I have heard Sunfires which smoked under dvd, never heard musically. I liked the M&K 350 MKII musicially, even Boa12's Vel HGS-18 is quite nice "musically"....guess music is more important to me(tight bass), but nice bass in video is important(not as much mind you). Bagend, nice, need a forklift mind you, and live in an empty hockey rink Smile.gif

To Add....Welcome back HornEd, you've been missed on the board.....*cheers*.... Smile.gif

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 02-06-2002 at 03:28 AM

'word on the street' was excellent for music, o.k. for movies. i've found it to be excellent for both, with my system. the specs on the klf-30's go to 35Hz +/- 3dB. my whole system has more punch, better headroom, and the deep/loud bass is deeper and louder! room size:12ft.w (primarily,w/a 10'ft. x 6ft.side section)by 23ft. deep. 7 1/2ft. high suspended 'acoustic' ceiling,brick walls,back wall is same plastic covered fiberglass'tile' as in ceiling, location right rear corner w/front driver facing forward, rear driver firing into plastic covered tile. i haven't tried putting a 'panel' of harder material behind the rear driver yet, or different positions in the room, probably going to keep it where it is unless i get a dramatic improvement placing it elsewhere. avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15 in the house!!

sony playstation 2

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

i've had mine ordered since klipsch thought of making it! they had just built it days b4 i picked it up in time to have it for my superbowl party, so yours should be in soon Smile.gif i'm going to have some intense listening sessions (so will my neighbors) and tweak the sub position,level,and bass management,but the current settings sound right on, i've GOT to get a spl meter! the ksps-6's kick ***! going to put them through their paces w/:star wars ep.1-disc 2-pod race.early in the scene, 3 racers exit the screen 'overhead' to rr,cr,lr; the left rear being very intense. this will also test the performance of the phantom center rear as this is a DD-EX 6.1 disc, and i play it in virtual matrix 6.1 s.s. setting.EDIT: when i use vm 6.1, the level ajustments on my s.s. receiver are bypassed, just like the 5.1 ch.input, so what levels they mix the sound at is what i get, no complaints... also 7-bridges road for overall level/tonal balance. my 777ES receiver has all kinds of eq and level ajustments, and once i'm finished moving my sub around (a little)i'm diving in. my friend and fellow tech KLIPSCHOG will do this 2morrow. avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15 in the house!!

sony playstation 2