Tranferring music from CD to computer. How to maintain sound quality?

jerryd

I am leaning toward using an apple tv with external HD conversion for music storage of new music and eventually all music. problem is I am not interested in storing music in compressed format. The major music site like amazon or I-tunes does not have much music in lossless. And even the lossless download sites dont offer much variety. I have been anuble to find a site that has my favorite music fo downloads. ( yello, art of noise, flim and the BB's, kraftwerk, etc.)

My question is how do i get all ny music interests on to harddrive? do I just focus on buying the CD and copying then resell? or is there another practical way?

Just rip them to .wav files using Media Player or whatever Apple uses (I haven't even seen a Mac in 10 years, so I have no idea).

There are fine points, but I really don't know of a ripper that won't deliver bit for bit from a clean source. If you need to come from a damage CD, get EAC. It's free and will eventually piece together files from a CD in almost any condition except in more than one piece.

Dave

Art of Noise is easy, only 3 are really good IMHO they have a best of CD, one with "close to the edge" on it (I can't think of the album name) and the Ambeint Collection, the rest are not as good (I have most of them), you could get these used on Amazon pretty cheap.

Thanx, Russ