Pioneer SX-1980 hurt my 1978 Cornwall II's ???

kmill99

I currently have a Sansui G9000db hooked up to my 78 Cornwall's and man can it rock! Makes your heart skip a beat, but low level listening is just as amazing. I found my Pioneer SX-1980 and it will arrive in a few days. As the SX-1980 is such a beast at 270w, how careful do I need to be when playing through the Corns? I dont want to damage them, but I also want to give this setup a great "rockin" every once in awhile.

Thanks,

Kevin

google around for discussions about DC and DC offset. Basically aged SS equipment has a tendency to leak DC into the audio pathways. While a cornwall woofer can handle a 100+ watts. it can't handle much at DC.

Thanks. It's my understanding that the SX-1980 has been fully restored and tested incredibly well. I am supposed to get the paperwork with the unit. From what I have been told, the "restoration" shop was very impressed on the outcome.

I would like to run all the repairs/results with you guys once the unit is recived if you dont mind?

google around for discussions about DC and DC offset. Basically aged SS equipment has a tendency to leak DC into the audio pathways.DC.

Very important info from SF!! Vintage ss is great, but anything over 20+ years old really needs to be TLC'd with a technician to make sure it does the magic when you turn it on.

The Caps went bad in my ADCOM GFA-565 300 Watt RMS Mono Block amplifier and I fried both a K-33E and an Electro Voice EV15W-K woofers in a LaScala.

My Nakamichi PA-7 amplifiers 200 watts RMS X 2 channels, have a seperate circuit that monitors the amplifier for DC output, and automatically shuts the Amp off if it is putting out DC voltage.

Roger