Sub placement-floor surface

Danartdis

Danartis, the waves a sub puts out are so long that the carpet close to the sub probably doesn't negatively impact it that much. The best way to improve a KSW-12 is to have more than one of them. Sadly, they are now in storage along with a KSW-15... and three other subs.

Your on the right path,just be patient. cwm34.gifHornEd

===========================================

Brain MUST Be Engaged Before Shifting Into EAR!

===========================================

"Where Klipsch Legends Cavort Six Ways to Someday!"

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main

SB-2's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra subs, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

in constant homage of the Eternal Tweak!

Music Respite Room: Vintage Cornwall's in Transition

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome: On the road testing

Dan,

As HornEd said you dont need anything special next to the sub.I put my subs on the floor with no carpet because I want a stable surface,my Sunfire subs are glued with double sided stickers to the floor!This gives more impact and more shaking.My large Velodyne is also anchored to the floor via double sided stickers.Only the heavy Aerial does NOT need any stickers,the spikes sink in the wooden floor and provide a stable platform.No wasted energy.

A KSW sub will be helped by some good rubber feet under the large plastic feet.I always have my KSW's on wooden floor,they work great on carpets too.

HornEd,

WHAT your KSW subs are in storage!? Use them with your computer like I do.I have a KSW12 and 15 with my PC and Synergy speakers all around.These make a well rounded PC Klipsch system that hammers the ProMedia to the ground. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Dan,

I just finally got my NAD 2100 that Theears loves so much going with a recapped Audio Control Bass EQ.

I have a pair of 16/46's series wired to this pretty mediocre amp that is bridged.

HornED is right, I live in a 60ft Trailerhouse, and the low frequencies rip through this entire trailer and most the adjoining trailers nearby.

Carpet? my problem is vibrating paneling.

Fortunately, this trailer park is full of college kids, and it is usually a Trailercourt sound-off anyway.

They will be long lost when I get the proper power amp for these subs

This is about 8:30 on the dial, and I'm doing it with about 100 watts or a little more on this Non Audiophile Device.

This is with 2 live crew, don't ask me why in the hell I am listening to this.

THANX!