Cabinet Design advice

Youthman

• Moderators

Hey guys. I'm in the process of having some custom cabinets designed for the front wall of my HT. I need some advice. Below are the latest renderings. I'm not sure the RF-83's will sound right if they are in a "cabinet". I'm really struggling with this but need to make some decisions so he can begin building them. Any suggestions.

design1.jpg

design2.jpg

• Moderators

He sent me this design tonight. If I have the cabinet 3-4 inches from the back wall, leave the back entirely open and all of the grey areas are fabric, would that give enough openness for the 83's to breathe? Would bass be the only thing that is effected or would it affect somehow the mids and high frequencies as well?

cabinet4.jpg

cabinet5.jpg

• Moderators

Totally agree there. I do not like them 6" from the side walls. I tried that, totally changed the sound. I have them about 1' from the side walls and 1' from the rear walls and it sounds great. They are toed in to where they line up slightly behind the center of my front row of seating.