Hafler Amps

darkside

Based on quick research on eBay and Audiogon, that is a good price. There's a DH-200 for $175 on the 'gon at the moment.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1233205471&/Hafler-DH-200-100-wpc-power-am

If YOU don't buy one, I'll let my buddy know about both of 'em.

How about an Acurus??? $250 + FREE shipping, on the 'gon.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1234492318&/Acurus-A150-Stereo-Amp---Bette

If thats the one from esoteric sound ...I would say jump all over it!!! He really is a great guy....Marshall AKA GLA51 has bought a bunch of stuff from him, and if he has checked it out ....it's gonna be a winner!!!.....

you may eventually find one on ebay for $50 less but you know you are rolling the dice.....

$250 is a very reasonable price for an amp of that performance and peace of mind that you are buying from a reputable dealer.....

I think I'll hopefully end up with that XL-280 you're referring to fenderbender. The guy has been very nice and prompt with emails and the amp looks to be nearly immaculate with the pictures I've seen of it, but I don't want to bother him until after Christmas about it, so I'll have to see how that goes. What's even better is that my wonderful family got me a pair of Audioquest Rockefellers today, so life is good!