Cheap TV stand that'll house my Quartet center?

wuzzzer

My current setup has my Quartet center speaker sitting on top of a small stand that a friend built for me. Its sitting in front of my TV stand on the floor. As it sits, it covers up my components behind it. They all work fine and I can access them all and my remote still works fine, but I was thinking of getting a different TV stand that will allow me to place my Quartet center inside it laying sideways.

I want something very inexpensive, under $100. Laying on its side a Quartet without the wood riser is 28" wide, 16" tall and 12" deep.

I've built some Sauder and O'Sullivan brand desks and shelves before and despite the fact that they are pretty cheap they do get the job done. I looked on Sauder's website but didn't see anything that would work well. Does anyone know a different brand to consider?

Ideally I'd like to be able to sit my Quartet center upright but I'd need a stand that had a 28" tall opening inside it.

I wish I was handier with woodworking or I'd build one myself. This is the stand that I would love to have:

post-18173-1381943599209_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Wuzzer you can do it if you have any tools or can borrow some, it's really not hard especially those designs.

Home Depot or places like that will even make the cuts for you for a small charge. $50 for a sheet of hardwood plywood you figure the cuts and let them cut it. Use something like 3/4 x 3/4 strips glued in the corners front to back but where you can't really see them from the front. Or just glue the plywood together and use triangle braces in the rear corners to brace it. Add some iron on banding to the front edges so you don't see the edge layers and stain.

You really can do it, and cheap.

• Moderators

Here's one, I had a little bigger problem 65" Toshiba and a forte ll center, my only choice was on top with the center.

It's a mess from Christmas and those shelves are used by my Grandson for his game's. The Cornwall lll's and forte ll's are moved closer to the TV because we moved furniture around for the tree. Normally the L & R Forte's are in the corners, the room is 24' wide and 18' deep and open 16' more feet deep for the kitchen dining room.

post-11804-1381943599534_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

It's a crt rptv, really they were replaced by the dlp style. We got right when they were switching to the dlp's, they are expected to last a long time( I hope ). It is 1080i so it's good enough for now.

No about the bucking magnets, that center is not close enough, the Cornwalls are actually closer to the crt's, but never had a problem.

Thanks for the link, Bill! I'm ordering two of the pictured audio towers. Looks like I'll have a few inches of clearance above the Quartet and be able to sit it upright like it was meant to be! I think my setup will look really nice after I get them. I'll definitely take some pics of the completed setup.

Posted Image