so Ben.....

colterphoto1

Proof that I need to work on my photography skills or lack there of... purposely taken at lo res setting and need to get them in better light as these really don't show how nice looking they really are... I think Marshall said walnut veneer with a gunstock finish. My pictures don't really do them justice and show that are house is in what Marshall's refers to as CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). (Please excuse the mess).

These also sound very good. The bass is not real deep nor thunderous but it sounds very good and a kick drum sounds like a kick drum, a bass sounds like a bass. That said, I've not really tested with something with a strong bass line I'm real familiar with either. CDs I was going to listen to for bass are AWOL at the moment. Also not quite as good as soloing in Marshall's man cave but was then driven with some of Marshall's vintage Sansui. No chance of that here anytime soon.

I suspect I could improve the bass by setting on the floor but that would seem to put the mid and tweeter horns way too low though I'll probably try it at some point. Maybe I need to make some Heresy slant risers LOL.

I think there's a chance the bass will be eveen better when I change out the c 1978 cheap Radio Shack lo-fi receiver with the more recent JBL JSR-635 AV receiver (HK in JBL disguise, maybe pro-logic?) currently connected for outdoor use or the Carver AV-705X amplifier sitting on the desk awaiting a new power switch. I also have an HK AVR85 that has a couple of issues. Any of those will probably improve the already very good sound as I think they all can do something the RS cannot - deliver some current so may improve the overall sound.

Overall impressions? Very, very, good sound. [8][8][:D][8][8] and they look very nice as well. [:D].

That said, using a record crate as a stand they aren't a whole lot bigger than a Chorus sitting on the floor (, *@ those voices) but Chorii are just too large to haul 1100 miles with a family and Christmas presents ... even in a Dodge Grand Caravan ... they probably would've ditched me and maybe the Chorii somewhere in Georgia if not in Florida had I tried that [:o].

Am I missing much compared to the Chorii II? Probably not. Maybe some bass but as these have been redone (more like pimped out) there's no worrying about upgrading anything anytime soon. [H]

So other than getting something approaching proper amplification in place, we're just going to enjoy them.

Maybe some better pictures in proper light in a few weeks.... I'll have to go find Michael's post on how to properly photograph a speaker....

Left

Left Heresy 1

Left Front

Heresy Left Front

Left Front Grill Off

Heresy Left Front Grill Off

Right

Heresy Right

Right Side

Heresy 1 Right Side

Uh oh Ben....

Looks like you drank some of Marshall's Koolaide.....careful not to look him directly in the eye next time (I always bring a mirror, much like like Agamemnon and the Gorgon) Or you'll wind up with 12 more amps than you'll ever need (but they are awfully cool)and Klipschorns in every possible corner of your house....yes if your master bathroom is large enough, Groomy will have you convincing your wife to rip out the tub, replace it with a dorm room size shower, and use the corners for your 5th pair of Khorns......[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Just kidding Jake!!!! An out door army shower will work just fine........

• 4 years later...

Congrats! Man I was down there last week myself....I wasn't invited over for cheap cigars and malted beverages...:

(

But... you could have been!!! Forum members just need to lemme' know when they are in the area, and if it's convenient for them to take the "Voodoo tour". Tthey are more than welcome. My schedule is flexible so it does not have to be on a weekend, etc.

Ahh I see now it doesn't say who's being quoted....

On our first visit to the legendary "Wall of Voodoo", and the less well known "Wall of Boudoir" Marshall fixed us some alligator that was acutally fit to eat along with some amazing fresh salsa. Alea liked that part as she loves to eat alligator as an appetizer.

Thank God Marshall's daughter arrived home from school and got out the horses as Dawn, our girls Elyse and Alea, and Alba the Spanish foreign exchange student who was with us were not that interested in the music and well, the wolf and Don K Hote while fascinating aren't very entertaining for very long. Can't remember if they took their swim suits but saw one or two teeny spiders and decided no swimming that day. LOL Even better, Marshall's family's Spanish horse which kind of danced seemed to understand Alba.

Fun trip. I was solo when I picked up the Heresies.