C3's and getting the correct fit

J.4knee

OK so here is my dilemma. I seem to need different ear gels for each ear. This is especially true for when I fly. If I go std medium I don't get a good seal on my right ear... too big! If I put in the small dual flange I get a good seal and great sound initially for my right ear (the problem ear) but the it eases out and I loose the good seal and have bass/mid in my left ear and mid/treble in my right![^o)].....not good. So I thought OK try the small std......no go from the start, too small and uncomfortable. Next I switched to the large dual and it seems to seal but feel a bit too big! Like the small dual I get a good seal and sound in both ears but it is not comfortable. Needless to say this is frustrating because when I get a good seal these IEM are friggin awesome sounding IEM's but this elusive seal problem is getting frustrating to resolve. [:@] Any ideas???

Two suggestions:

1. Using two size ear gels is quite normal. Your ears are not exactly symetrical. Mine aren't. So don't fret about using two size eartips.

2. This isn't a recommendation from me but I have heard of people using foam ear tips from hearingcomponents. I have heard that if you jam them on hard they will stay on the nozzles... but this is only hear say. Klipsch did not design our chassis to fit exactly on another ear tip design so beware that you may have a tips stuck in your cannal and need to have it removed. (gently)

Let me know how it turns out....

I am back on the med std and all seems fine, I am wondering if the air pressurization changes in the plane cabin was a major source of my consternation with these gels? These IEM's really sound incredible! I am using them more for critical listening whilst trying to get the fit thing resolved. I was listening to a song the other night where the high hat cymbals move across the sound stage from left to right and back again and I swear I could track the sound through my head, simply incredible imaging! I am listening to the Eagles Long Road Out of Eden right now with the med std and they just sound amazing. Just switched to Ozark Mtn Daredevils If You Wanna Get to Heaven and am sitting here w/a big old smile!

Yeah I have had them on for over an hour and no discomfort and seal is holding! Sound is fantastic. I am also thinking of getting a set of Image X10's too for when I exercise or take the dogs out to train so I can just stick em' in my ear, they might also be an option for plane rides too.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep after a few weeks with these things and I am sold. I love the noise isolation; I can listen at notably lower volume levels and completely enjoy my music. Image X10 will be on the must get list for exercise and also a portable amp, leaning towards the Ray Samuels P51 Mustang. Well Done Professor…. Well Done!!!!!!!!![Y]