Pairing a set of KSF 10.5 speakers

gbarclay67

Hi to everyone, and thanks in advance to any who answer.

A while back I purchased a pair of KSF 10.5 with the intention of building out to a home thearter system as money allowed. Long story,short other things delayed the HT plan which I would now like to return to. I would like to pair these speakers within a matching center,sub and surround.

I am pretty much sold with the Sub-12 but my dilemna comes for the center and Surround speakers. It seems the C-3, S-3 combo would match the previous recommended but these seem to be very elusive.

Would the C-2, S-2 (which seem plentiful) be sufficient?

Any other recommendations opinions etc?

Thank you for the reply wuzzer, I really do appreciate it. I did check the guide as well as search the forums here and others before posing my query.

Unfortunately the KSF-C5/S5 have been discontinued. I did not find anything on E-Bay or a google search for them and frankly with an item like this I don't trust E-Bay.

I guess to put it another way what in the current lineup available speakers is appropriate to match the KSF 10.5's?

Just looking at the specifications the current Synergy C-3/S-3 seems closer to the KSF-C5/S5. although there are some differences. The problem is, like the KSF-C5/S5, the C-3/S-3 do not seem to be available online or at a box store (at least near me).

The next level up seems to be in the reference series but would these match well with the Synergy KSF 10.5 and Sub-12 combo?

i just sold my set a few months ago. i had the 10.5 with the c-5, and then i used the ksb 1.1 for all my rears. did you want a 5.1 or 7.1? if just 5.1 i would try and get some s-5's for surrounds. i know someone who has them. contact Falcon20x. he as 2ea WHITE pair.

just my 2cents, i did a crossover upgrade on those 10.5's and man did it make a HUGE difference. they sounded so good that when i went to demo a pair of rf-82's, the 82's were horable in comparasion, and even the wife agreeed!. (but that was also at BB, and who knows how they actually set those speakers up). i am a fan of upgrading crossovers.....

if you want the 7.1 set up, then try to get the s5 (SIDE), ksb 1.1 (REAR). the center channel is going to be hit or miss. i would really try and find either a c5 or even a c7 for the center. the side and surrounds you can use the newer synergy line up.

I guess to put it another way what in the current lineup available speakers is appropriate to match the KSF 10.5's?

Just looking at the specifications the current Synergy C-3/S-3 seems closer to the KSF-C5/S5. although there are some differences. The problem is, like the KSF-C5/S5, the C-3/S-3 do not seem to be available online or at a box store (at least near me).

The next level up seems to be in the reference series but would these match well with the Synergy KSF 10.5 and Sub-12 combo?

You want your front three speakers to match as close as possible. There isn't any speaker in the current lineup that will be a timbre match to your 10.5s as far as I can tell by looking at all of the currently available center speakers. If you want to use your 10.5s your best bet will be to watch eBay, your local craigslist, etc. If you do buy one that is new from a store make sure you can return it after you buy it and get it home if it doesn't blend with your 10.5s. If you do want to buy new, start with the C3 and then the C2 if that doesn't work out. I wouldn't recommend the C1.

Your side surround speakers aren't quite as important to match. The S3s seem to be impossible to find anywhere, I'd recommend S2s or RS-42s if you want to get something that's brand new.

I wouldn't recommend anything from Reference series to go with your Synergy series as far as a center speaker goes.

• 9 months later...

Not to resurrect too old of a thread, but ...

I currently (well, for the past 10 years) have a pair of KSF 10.5 and a KSC-C1 center. I am looking to expand to 5.1/7.1. For surrounds I was thinking of either R-2650-W or R-3650-W in-wall speakers because the width of my room is small. However, I really don't know what to use as rears or a sub. The rear speakers would be bookshelf mounted, and I was thinking of RS-10 (but I don't really understand how an arced speaker should be oriented). Maybe a RW-10d for a sub.

Thoughts and suggestions?