X10 Problem !!!!!

Long

Halo all I'm new to here.

Just have my x10 arrived from amazon

after 20hrs run-in using some of my cd-collections (mostly soft rock,pop rock)

(i am using a ipc 160gb with wav files 1411kbps ripped by eac uncompresse)

i found that there were some "pop pop" sound, very minor, really very minor when playing back the music

they came in my ears every few seconds,

i thought it was the "noise" of my ipod but the sound remain there after i switched to iphone 3g 8gb using same files

this problem sounds minor but just wonder if it was already a defect when out of the factory or not.

apart from this x10 was really a masterpiece =]

please help as the problem seems getting serious day by day - -

or i just send them back right to klipsch ?

please advice what is the problem and how can i get it fix

THANKS!!!!!!

sorry really bad eng =] haha =]

Did you source the files from the same place? I know my wife has an iPod Touch and it has a periodic light pop sound but to me it seems more like memory being overloaded. I copied the same Apple Lossless file to my iPod Classic and it has no problem. Her iPod Touch does this on a number of files. Since you are usign the same file on muliple devices I woud ask first is your source file corrupt?

...Just have my x10 arrived from amazon...

... i found that there were some "pop pop" sound, very minor, really very minor when playing back the music

they came in my ears every few seconds,

i thought it was the "noise" of my ipod but the sound remain there after i switched to iphone 3g 8gb using same files

this problem sounds minor but just wonder if it was already a defect when out of the factory or not.

apart from this x10 was really a masterpiece =]

please help as the problem seems getting serious day by day - -

or i just send them back right to klipsch ?

please advice what is the problem and how can i get it fix

THANKS!!!!!!

sorry really bad eng =] haha =]

No worries about the bad English.

It is a little hard to understand what you are hearing, but try this to see if my suspision is correct:

Unplug the X10's from your MP3 player and insert them into your ears. LIsten carefully, ignoring any cable noise (microphonics - vibration from the cable to your ear). Now slightly pull the X10's in and out of your ear. Do you hear a kind of pop or click like a plastic bag is being crunched into a ball? If so, don't worry about this issue. It is the are pressure normalizing into the headphones. This is a physical characteristic of an air seal on the design.

The thing is that this design is so small that it doesn't take much air pressure to flex the tiny surround on the diaphragm.

See if this is it...

I am also having a problem with my headphones.

When I play live tracks by the rock band Deep Purple, everything is louder than everything else!

Who's fault is this?

1. Professor Thump

2. The guy who compressed it all onto this little plastic disc

3. The mix engineer who was threatened by Ritchie Blackmore

When I play live tracks by the rock band Deep Purple, everything is louder than everything else!

Who's fault is this?

1. Professor Thump

I choose # 1, Professor Thump is absolutely at fault for designing loud head phones! [H]

the sound is exactly what you mention,

like crunching a plactic bag in my hand,

but everytime it just appered in a second,

like when the vocal sound hit the highest point.

then "pop pop"

I hope you can get what I mean ...

hard to tell how it sounds but I always think is the "drive" inside went wrong

or do i need to get another iem to test whether the source file couurpt or the drive broke down ?

THANKS!!!!!!

From what i read, I think it may be your files.

You said you played back the same files on two sources, well the ipc and the iphone. Both of which you experience the pops at the same time. Can you plug the headphones into your PC and see if you still get the pop? Maybe put in the stock headphones and see if you hear it(may not due to lower sensitivity, more background nouise, etc etc).

I've used EAC, and I've noticed that some of my rips have more noise in the now that I listen to them via my Pico USB DAC/headphone AMP and the X10's with the source being the PC MP3 or putting it on my iTouch.

Who's fault is this?

1. Professor Thump

Guilty as charged... I designed those thingies to comprehend when Blackmore's drummer was picking his ears with this drumsticks and the bass guitarest had to get over on the mix. Then Richie said make my monitor more wet so the soundman poored a beer on his monitor which at this point was an IEM that our sales team had given freely to the rockstar so he wouldn't sing out of pitch...Unfortunately it didn't help but that is where the rainbow started to shine.

The moral of the story is to alway sing on pitch BEFORE you do drugs because reverb will never help you sound better but drug will make you think you are....Awwwe nevermind!. I forgot what we were talking about.