B&K AVR-307

jerky244

I am looking at a used B&K AVR-307. Over all i think it's a pretty good SS. amp what do all of u think? Will it play two different sources through different zones at the same time. The person I am buying it from does not know. I am currently using a yamaha RXV1600 which is nice but is a little underpowered for my system. I like to listen loud and i have to much money wrapped up in speakers to be putting distortion in them. Sorry, this is the first forum i have ever joined. what is a Tag??

thanks for the help

Gaib

jerky244,

Fist of all, welcome to the forum. I had a 307 for a brief time and used it to power my RF-7 system. B&K receivers tend to be very well built pieces of gear. The 307 is no exception to that. I believe the 307 is 125 wpc but cannot recall exactly. I thought it was a great piece of gear when I had it in my system. It produced a level of bass in my system that was more similar to separates than a receiver, IMHO. I'm not sure what you would be powering with it but I believe that the 307 is a very capable receiver.

As to your question about playing two zones simultaneously...I'm not sure. However, here is a link to the manual on the B&K website. I took a quick look and did not find the answer readily apparent.

http://www.bkcomp.com/fileadmin/content/content_products/manuals/Past/Preamp%20or%20receiver/AVR%20307.pdf

Best of luck!