Vertical cornwall placement

mowntnbkr

My guess is that the factory did not set a preference.

There was some discussion of the arrows on the back of the vertical CW and what I find is http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/4960/33744.aspx#33744

Apparently PWK wanted to advise against putting the tweeter on the floor side. This must have been the vertical CW without riser, were the user could go with landscape or portrait use. You'd think that this would be a good time to mark Left and Right,but apparently PWK did not.

Of course I agree with Andy. Like he indicates, there are so many variables with rooms and listening positions, one way or the other (inboard or outboard) may work better for you.

Wm McD

Thanks guys.

I was getting ready to sell these. I went out to the garage/shop where they are hooked up to do some cleaning. I put on a CD (Celtic Woman), and it just seemed to me to be very revealing, so much so I am questioning my Tannoy System 15's. I am going to bring the Cornwalls into the house tomorrow and give them a good listen. I have too many speakers and some have to go.

You don't have to go with new xovers. But, I would atleast put new caps in them. I noticed a big difference with my '72 Verts. The biggest difference was actually better balancing the volume of the two speakers. Before, one speaker was slightly quieter. Additionally, the highs are cleaned up alot. It also made the high end a little less harsh. As far as the CT125, I can't personally give an opinion on that.

Daniel