Emotiva advice.

nezff

need some advice.

I was interested in getting a Emotiva amp. I was wondering what would be a decent receiver with preouts as my onkyo 605 does not have any. I have been looking around at a couple in the $300-$500 range. I had a question. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the Yamaha RXv663 or the Yamaha HTR 6160. The HTR 6160 has BURR BROWNS. From what I read on avsforum, they are the same receiver. I had one problem with the RXV663 i read, it doesnt pass Blacker than Black video. Kinda sucks i think. I looked at a couple other receivers also, Onkyo 705 or 706, Pioneer Elite VSX-91TXH, I can get this one for $450. The Pioneer Elite seems like a good bang for the buck, but I havent read many reviews on it, so Im not sure of any problems with it. I would not have known the problems that plague the Onkyo 805 or the Yamaha 663 if I hadnt read the AVSforum owners threads.
Will the jump into seperates, make a difference in sound quality? thanks

The umc-1 pre/pro will be 699.99 and wont be release till late feb maybe march IF your on the pre-order list otherwise it will be even later for second run of them....the xmc is suppose to be 999.99 and theres no release date that iam aware of...And as for the amps being on sale much longer i have no idea...Go over to the emo lounge and ask the guys over there...There very helpful...Or call emotiva and talk to lonnie...

M&M

Im thinking the way to go is to just save up for the coming Emotiva preamp. From what Ive read, it seems to have a decent amount of HDMIs and other inputs. Im just worried about the the new codecs. surely TrueHD and dts Master will be included.

Maybe I just wait and get the XPA-5 and the UMC-1. WOW $1500 I really wanted to get the xpa-3 since it is on sale for $499