Bypassing Caps on Speaker Crossovers?????

Cut-Throat

I was talking to Danny Richie of GR Research and he is a firm believer in Bypassing Caps in Speaker Crossovers. He explained the reason to me, which I don't think I could properly re-state.

But, at any rate it seems that Bypassing Caps in Crossovers is not done a lot by the folks that build crossovers here.

Can someone here explain why Caps are not usually bypassed in Klipsch Networks. Or the purpose of bypassing?

I was talking to Danny Richie of GR Research and he is a firm believer in Bypassing Caps in Speaker Crossovers. He explained the reason to me, which I don't think I could properly re-state.

But, at any rate it seems that Bypassing Caps in Crossovers is not done a lot by the folks that build crossovers here.

Can someone here explain why Caps are not usually bypassed in Klipsch Networks. Or the purpose of bypassing?

Alot of folks believe in by pass caps...but on this forum...not very popular...there was an old thread which showed sine wave results of varying types of capacitor cobos and in those results there were some good and some spooky combos. I think the most dramatic difference was with combos involving capacitors no longer available.

For capacitors avalable today, the costs are so low that using by pass caps is questionable. Will you notice differences...it depends...it's like speaker wire swaping or tube rolling...some can tell....some can not.

If you use the best capacitors you can afford for in the in line tweeter circut, the second best you can afford for in line mid range circut, and decent caps on shunt componets you will be ok.

Well, I read the post and while I don't understand it (My weakness here) - I understand enough to know that this seems to be another audio controversey!

Danny Richie of GR Research designs some great speakers and crossovers, so he does know what he is doing. I have come across other very highly knowledgeabvle people in this hobby that believe in magic properties in wires, that cannot be explained or measured - you just have to listen to them etc. etc. - except in a 'Blind Test' [:D]

This certainly answers my original question!

Disclaimer : - I use Panty Hose (techflex) on my cables, only because they look cool ![:D]