Reconfiguration time...

CharlieTuna

I'm running Quartet mains, KG 2.2V center, SW-10 sub, and Quintets as surrounds, all tied to a Yamaha DSP-A1. I've just purchased a set of KLF-10s to use and am considering these options:

1) move Quartets to the rear, upgrade to SVS 16-46CS+ sub and Academy center

2) move KLF-10s to rear, get either KLF-10s or KLF-30s (preferred) as mains, SVS 16-46CS+ sub, and KLF-C7 center

Of course (for me) money is a consideration but not the stopper. Will config 1 work well or should I just bite the bullet and go with config 2?

Please advise. I know I've asked a bunch of questions in these forums, but I would really like to have a good feeling before I do this and have a bunch of spare speakers to dispose of:

(2) Boston Acoustic A70, (4) Klipsch KG 1.2, (2) Quartets, (4) Quintets and (1) KG 2.2v center, SW-10, etc...

It just gets insane.

CT

------------------

=====================================

You can tune a radio, but you can't tuna fish!

Transitioning from "CharlieTuna" to "CharlieTuner" is a daunting task. I spent many happy hours with KLF-10's and a C7 to match... that's what started my journey into the land of Legends. As the Legends grew, my three 10's slid back to do side surround and rear effects work... as 30's took that place as well... the 10's were inverted and mounted 5' high as front effects speakers.

Finally, I realized that as great as they were for Front Effects they needed a more responsible task. So, I am converting one of them into a center channel and making a "3Main" present to a deserving person.

Welcome to the Legends Deepwater, CharlieTuna! cwm27.gif HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 02-09-2002 at 11:15 AM

Charlie,

In order to move further, you need to compare your quartets and KLF-10s side by side to see which you like better as main speakers. My guess is that the Quartets will be hard to beat with the KLF-10s. All personal preference, though. From there, you decide on centers and rears.

Also, is this for music or HT primary.

T-man

T-man,

I will get the chance to compare the Quartets with a set of KLF-10s. I scored a set of KLF-10s on UBID for $439.00 delivered - could not resist. But, these will be rear surrounds. I thinking a pair of KLF-30s as mains.

Unfortunately, my prior experiences with speaker comparisons is that after a while, my eyes roll back and I begin to drool. I think that trying to over-analyze becomes an issue. I expect I'll mostly rely on a 2-channel listening test with my favorite music and work from there. I'm thinking KLF-10 rears, KLF-30 mains, KLF-C7 center and an SVS Model 16-46CS+ have got to be a tough combo to beat. My neighbors will hate me!

This setup will be for both HT and music, driven by a Yamaha DSP-A1.

HornEd,

How does your Legend series comapre with the new RP series? The 30s look awesome, but I have not had time to venture across state to listen to them. Is this a good choice for HT also?

CT

------------------

You can tune a radio, but you can't tuna fish!