Anyone else done with Klipsch?

germ813

I just want to say, I will never buy another Klipsch product again. The din cable broke on my Pro media 2.1. I had a few weeks left on the warrenty so I tried everything I could to get the warrenty through. My problems began with the best buy receipt that was faded to the point that none of the important ink was readable. Funny thing was i kept it in a folder and never touched it. Therefore best buy wouldn't reprint me one and Klipsch wouldn't honor the warrenty without one. So I basically got the run around from both companies until my warrenty finally ran out. I gave Klipsch every oppertunity to resolve the situation, I even emailed a forum admin that said it was wierd how everyone complains about the din cable breaking, but no one emails her with their situation. I never got a response. I purchased a new control pod but if it breaks again I'm going to go with Bose. I tried to save a bit of money but I guess you get what you pay for! Hell the logitech 5.1 system my roomate bought for our TV is not quite as good sound quality but at least it didn't break in transportaion from one room to another like the Klipsch. All in all I wish luck to anyone who has the din cable issueandI hope your experience is better than mine was.

So you were able to get the problem fixed? Their working OK? Sorry to hear you had to go that route, but over all preformance with Klipsch will beat anyother unit on the Market, Hands down.

Take a deep breath and realize that you were able to obtain the parts to fix the unit. I doubt that any other company would have still had the parts to properly repair their unit avaliable............

Welcome and enjoy..

Its working ok because I spent another $22.80 on a $150 system. Thats over 15% of the original cost.

Take a deep breath and realize that you were able to obtain the parts to fix the unit. I doubt that any other company would have still had the parts to properly repair their unit avaliable............

I took enough deep breaths every time I got off the phone with Klipsch. I am now willing to gamble with other companies seeing as I lost my gamble with Klipsch. I also doubt other companies push products that break so easily then say to their unsatisfied customers that they are lucky the company even carries replacements.

Just my $.02

Send me your control pod and i will put a better aftermarket plug on it and i will guarantee it for life, my cost to you would only be $17 and that covers return shipping as well. But for the money, Klipsch is the best in my opinion, and i do also own the Bose Companion 3 series II, so I know a little bit about what I am talking about. And FYI, all companies that use DIN connectors have these issues, Believe me once again on that, THE BOSE TOO!!! lol so don't shoot down Klipsch because of one stupid part, i only wish that you mentioned this here before buying a new pod, speaking of which, if you have your old pod still I will pay you $13 for it.

germ813,

I know the issue with the crappy DIN plugs is frustrating, and why Klipsch has not more proactively dealt with this recurring problem is beyond me. However, the Pro Media 2.1's are awesome speakers which I believe blow most other similar speakers right off the map when they are working. I don't own stock in Mr_Clean's business, but he took care of my DIN issue in short order and I am convinced that I won't have that problem again for the life of the speakers. I also have a second set of Pro Media 2.1's on another computer and when (not if) those start acting up, I won't hesitate to get Mr_Clean to fix the DIN plug on them as well. Don't let Klipsch's handling of this turn you off to some really fine speakers.

Don